9 August 2014

Stacking the Shelves (11)


Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and is all about sharing the book you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
 
Purchased

 
 


For review
 
 
Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner
 
I did it! I have managed not to request any review copies during the last week. Ice Massacre I requested last week but got it this week, so I don't count it. And seriously, mermaids and mermans. I want to read all the books with people under the sea.
 
After finishing reading the review copy, I had to have my own, physical copy of The Merman and the Barbarian Pirate and it finally arrived yesterday. I don't normally get film-tie ins when it comes to books because I like originals better but I had to have The Maze Runner one because the fan sticker and the pictures of the film and all that. So now I own two copies of The Maze Runner (but you can never own too many copies of your favourite books, right?). The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window, well, I've had my eyes on it for a some time but I couldn't get it so I jumped a chance. It's those kind of books that seems divide people either liking it or hating it, so let's see what I like it. Have you read it?

16 comments:

  1. With the exception of The Maze Runner all your books are new to me. Interesting selection too.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, yes, I'm kind of the person who will either buy lots of book on same genre or then get wide selection of different genres. There's no between :D

      Delete
  2. I agree I love mermaid books! So happy to find someone else who likes them so many people write them off without giving them a chance. I read the Maze Runner trilogy, and I liked the first book but that's where it stopped for me. My husband really enjoyed them though! I cannot wait to read your reviews =) New bloglovin follower!
    Hope you can check my STS out http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's shame that so many write them off, mermaid books can be so awesome and the legends of them are intriguing. And it's more original than the vampires (which are nice in some degree, I love good vampire books, but so overused). I love The Maze Runner! I liked the sequels well enough (haven't read The Kill Order, though) but The Maze Runner was the best of them. I followed you back :)

      Delete
  3. I really need to get round to reading The Maze Runner. And the merman book sounds fun! I hope you enjoy your new books.

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend The Maze Runner, it's so stunning in every way!

      Delete
  4. Great haul this week. I read The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window a long time ago now, I really loved it at the beginning but it got a bit too over dramatic and utterly ridiculous near the end, kind of ruined the book for me. I hope you enjoy all of your reads this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that too! I appreciate your opinion about The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window, and I'm sad to hear the dramatics and rediculousness ruined the book for you. It's always a shame when story does that to you.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy all of your new books - I'm loving all of the renewed Maze Runner love, since the movie's about to come out! :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually fan the original covers (and Maze Runner have stunning originals, I love that) but I just had to get film-tie in on this one. I love the cover, how it's so similar with the original instead of putting the cast on cover (though Maze Runner has amazing cast, I can't wait to see Dylan O'Brien's in action!).

      Delete
  6. The movie tie-in cover for The Maze Runner looks pretty. I have not read the series nor plan to anytime soon, but I will be watching the movie.

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty and the story is awesome! I hope you'll like the movie even if you don't read the book :)

      Delete
  7. Finally, a cool tie-in cover. Those are usually so hideous! The cover for the Ice Massacre is pretty creepy! Happy reading, Henna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think that leaving off the cast from front cover made it so much cooler. Maze Runner cast is awesome, I already love half of them but the cast in front cover have never been my cup of tea. It is and the story sounds quite creepy too! Thank you for stopping by, Jirrine! I'm always happy to read your comments :)

      Delete
  8. Haven't heard of any of these, but I'll have to check them out. Hope you enjoy them! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that too, of course. Thank you for stopping by, Kirsty! :)

      Delete