This weeks topic:
What is the biggest city you live near? Show us a postcard picture.
Fairly easy as I live in Finland and there's only a few really large cities. I do live near Helsinki which is the capital city of Finland. Okay, it's like two hours away but it's fairly near and I have relatives there so I visit Helsinki quite often. There's somewhere around 1,1 million people living in Helsinki and it's largest city in Finland so yes, I think it's big - and there are good bookstores there and Starbucks (which is the only Starbucks in Finland if you don't count airports Starbucks).
And yeah, I live in a fairly smaller city called Kotka which has somewhere around 54 000 people livin there. Could be smaller (I've studied in a town that had under five thousand people there and there was like only two food stores).
And yes, I love big cities. I'm just the city girl who loves it all (and the easy access to all big bookstores).
So, here's a picture of Helsinki.
And here's Kotka.
Or you can add me on Google+.
I will always follow back!





I also live in Europe, but in the south, in Portugal. I would love to go to Finland someday.
ReplyDeleteOld follower.
As well I'd love to go Portugal someday! :)
DeleteBoth Helsinki and Kotka look beatutiful, Henna :) It must be gorgeous in the winter as well.
ReplyDeleteNew GFC follower. Have a fantastic Friday.
Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews
It is beautiful in the winter, though it's not fun when you need to brush off all the snow on the top of car before you can go anywhere. But it's beautiful :)
DeleteThose are really pretty pictures. I've never been to Finland but it seems like an interesting place to visit. I'm a new GFC and bloglovin' follower.
ReplyDelete~April @ Once Upon a Coffin
It's quite interesting in it's own way, I think :)
DeleteGreat pictures! Finland is on my list of places to visit. Both my fiance and I knew people from Finland when we were younger, so we've always wanted to visit (and see them!)
ReplyDeleteTina @ Pages of Comfort - new follower
My FF
That's nice, I hope you get to visit Finland some day. It has it's charms even though I'm not great fan of long and cold winter :)
DeleteHi, I'm a new follower.Happy Friday :)
ReplyDeleteMy FFF: http://givemethebooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/feature-follow-friday-1.html
Happy belated Friday for you, too!
DeleteBeautiful city. Today's topic has taken me on a wonderful trip around the world.
ReplyDeleteOld GFC follower
New bloglovin follower
Monique @ Mo_Books
Yes, it truly is. I love this week's topic, it's so wonderful to see bloggers really around the world (haven't seen two in same place yet!).
DeleteSo neat meeting someone from Finland! I've heard of Helsinki and it looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteNew GFC and Bloglovin follower :)
Here's My F&F
Helsinki is rather beautiful city and the architecture is interesting there :)
DeleteGreat city!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower.
Diane @ Diane's Book Blog
Thank you! :)
Delete