Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
So classics. I'm going with both traditionally classics and what I think as a classic. Here we go!
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë: It's tragic, it's horrible and it's what I adore and love ever since I read it years ago. I can't get enough of it. All these characters with their numerous flaws, you either hate them or love them. Cathy and Heathcliff together and apart was something I found stunning. The story have stayed with me all these years and I love how revolutionary Wuthering Heights was when it was first published.
2. Atonement by Ian McEwan: Simply, it's stunning. Various characters, their flaws and the heart wreching love. Cecilia and Robbie, that's the tragic romance I can't help but love.
3. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt: I fell for this story ever since I read it and saw the movie (even though I don't forgive them for changing Winifred's age). Tuck Everlasting was the first book I read in English because there was no translation for my native language and I wanted it badly enough to read in English. Winifred's and Tuck's story is beautiful and unique and I love Babbitt's style.
4. Peter Pan by J.M Barrie: We all know story of Peter Pan and I can't help but love it. Beautiful story of boy who never grew up. When I was little, all I wanted was Peter Pan to come and take me to the Neverland.
5. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde: Not much to say other than it's masterpiece. Characters and their story is stunning, exceptional. It's dark, it's twisted, and just perfect that way.
6. The Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice: Classic vampire tale. Unique, exceptional and downright fantastic. I like vampire stories if they're well written and Rice's talented author and Loius and Lestat's story is amazing.
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: I don't need to say much, do I? I'm not that into pure romance but Pride and Prejudice is one of the kind. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth are perfectly fine, and their romance makes my heart skip a beat.
8. Tex by S.E. Hinton: The Outsiders is more popular and it made Hinton world known, but I find Tex more intriguing, more of an classic. All of Hinton's books are exceptional and they made my teenager years but Tex has stayed with me longest and for me, it's truly classic.
9. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Yeah, no words needed. It made my childhood and have stayed with me for years - and will stay with me forever.
10. Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan: For me, Percy Jackson is classic. It should be on school's reading lists and kids should read it. It's so good story about good, bad and all between them, gods, demigods and humans, and about family and friendship. I've devoured all the books countless times and they still make my heart skip a beat and live every moment with Percy and his friends.
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë: It's tragic, it's horrible and it's what I adore and love ever since I read it years ago. I can't get enough of it. All these characters with their numerous flaws, you either hate them or love them. Cathy and Heathcliff together and apart was something I found stunning. The story have stayed with me all these years and I love how revolutionary Wuthering Heights was when it was first published.
2. Atonement by Ian McEwan: Simply, it's stunning. Various characters, their flaws and the heart wreching love. Cecilia and Robbie, that's the tragic romance I can't help but love.
3. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt: I fell for this story ever since I read it and saw the movie (even though I don't forgive them for changing Winifred's age). Tuck Everlasting was the first book I read in English because there was no translation for my native language and I wanted it badly enough to read in English. Winifred's and Tuck's story is beautiful and unique and I love Babbitt's style.
4. Peter Pan by J.M Barrie: We all know story of Peter Pan and I can't help but love it. Beautiful story of boy who never grew up. When I was little, all I wanted was Peter Pan to come and take me to the Neverland.
5. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde: Not much to say other than it's masterpiece. Characters and their story is stunning, exceptional. It's dark, it's twisted, and just perfect that way.
6. The Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice: Classic vampire tale. Unique, exceptional and downright fantastic. I like vampire stories if they're well written and Rice's talented author and Loius and Lestat's story is amazing.
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: I don't need to say much, do I? I'm not that into pure romance but Pride and Prejudice is one of the kind. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth are perfectly fine, and their romance makes my heart skip a beat.
8. Tex by S.E. Hinton: The Outsiders is more popular and it made Hinton world known, but I find Tex more intriguing, more of an classic. All of Hinton's books are exceptional and they made my teenager years but Tex has stayed with me longest and for me, it's truly classic.
9. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Yeah, no words needed. It made my childhood and have stayed with me for years - and will stay with me forever.
10. Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan: For me, Percy Jackson is classic. It should be on school's reading lists and kids should read it. It's so good story about good, bad and all between them, gods, demigods and humans, and about family and friendship. I've devoured all the books countless times and they still make my heart skip a beat and live every moment with Percy and his friends.





I am so happy to see S.E. Hinton included on this list! I hope both Tex and The Outsiders stand the test of time. I haven't read Atonement but it's difficult for me to believe that at least one of Ian McEwan's books won't be listed as a future classic. And Interview with a Vampire! Absolutely!
ReplyDeleteYes, Ian McEwan is amazing author as his own way. I hope that too, they're both stunningly written and good books for middle graders - and for everyone else, too. Thanks for stopping by! :)
DeletePeter Pan's so adorable! Yes, on their own right both of the series are classics. Thanks for stopping by! :)
ReplyDeleteS.E. Hinton is genious. I've read almost all of her books and loved all of them. I warmly recommend Tex if you've liked her other books! Thanks for stopping by! :)
ReplyDelete