This week's cannot-wait book is:
A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas!
by Rhiannon Thomas
Expected publication: February 24th 2015
A spinning wheel. A prick of a finger. A terrible curse.
One hundred years after falling asleep, Princess Aurora wakes up to the kiss of a handsome prince and a broken kingdom that has been dreaming of her return. All the books say that she should be living happily ever after. But as Aurora understands all too well, the truth is nothing like the fairytale.
Her family is long dead. Her “true love” is a kind stranger. And her whole life has been planned out by political foes while she slept. Everyone expects Aurora to marry her betrothed and restore magic and peace to the kingdom before revolution tears it apart. But after a lifetime spent locked in a tower for her own safety, Aurora longs for the freedom to make her own choices. When she meets a handsome rebel, he tempts her to abandon everything for a different kind of life.
As Aurora struggles to make sense of her new world, she begins to fear that the curse has left its mark on her, a fiery and dangerous thing that might be as wicked as the witch who once ensnared her.
With her wedding day drawing near, Aurora must make the ultimate decision on how to save her kingdom: marry the prince or run.
It's easy, it's retelling and sounds really intriguing. I'll be interesting to read about what happened after Aurora woke up. And the cover is beautiful. Why all good ones seems to be so far away? Come on, already, 2015!

I haven't heard of this one before, but I really like retellings. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW
I like retellings, too. Thank you for stopping by! :)
DeleteI can't wait for this book either! It sounds like such an amazing retelling, it comes out in the winter and I can see myself sitting on my couch, holding a cup of hot chocolate in one hand, the book in the other and reading while it's snowing outside and... okay I kind of went too far away from the topic. Really great pick!
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW: http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/07/waiting-on-wednesday-5-kristi-cook.html#more
No, you didn't, I can imagine myself doing that too. Especially since here in Finland it'll snow like hell during winter so yeah, it's going to be hot chocolate or tea and this book and ah, it'll be perfect.
DeleteThank you for stopping by!
I like the title, and I love fairy tale.
ReplyDeleteThis does seem promising; but I hope there's no love-triangle.
I hope that too because most of the times, the love-triangle is pointless and just messes up everything. Let's hope this one does not have it.
DeleteThanks for stopping by!
I love the cover for this book. I have a feeling that this is going to be an awesome Retelling.
ReplyDeleteGrace
Here's my WOW
It does have a really nice and beautiful cover. Awesome retellings are the best! Thank you for stopping by :)
DeleteYay for more story retellings! I can't wait to read it! :)
ReplyDeleteHere’s My WoW
Nemo @ Blame it on the Book
Thanks for stopping by! :)
Delete