The Possibility of Usby Lisa Burstein
Published by Entangled Embrace
Ebook (received from publisher, thank you!)
NA, contemporary, romance
One weekend together could change everything…
When her friend called to tell her about the funeral, Cassie wanted to say no. She had enough to handle with her own hollow existence. But she knew she should pay her respects to her old Wilderness Program counselor…as long as her ex, Ben, wouldn’t be there.
Except Ben is there. Still gorgeous, still angry, and still able to penetrate her defenses with one intense stare. All the reasons they left each other in a flurry of heartache start to fall away over one long, snowy weekend.
But tough Cassie can’t truly open up to Ben when she knows confessing her secrets will leave her raw, defenseless. And the possibility of forever might not be enough to gamble on all the impossibilities of now.
I have to confess that it took me some time to get a grip on The Possibility of Us. First I thought it was a stand alone, mostly because there was nothing that claimed it was part of some series even though it apparently follows Dear Cassie. Don't get me wrong, I could understand everything and it kind of worked like a stand alone even though I first got the feeling that there's happened lots before the start of The Possibility of Us. So it took a little while for me to get hang on everything and to get underneath Cassie's skin in order to understand her and motives driving her forward. Otherwise there was no confusion or anything that prevented me to like this one.
Chapters in Ben's point of view were really enjoyable and I got into his mind pretty soon - a complete opposite what happened with Cassie. After the rough start the book took off and I started to really enjoy Ben and Cassie's story. Made me wish I'd read about them before and I really felt with them - I wanted them to be happy, together if possible. Drew and Laura were awesome supporting character, I loved how head strong Laura was and still much more easier to approach than Cassie. And Drew, well, he was funny and sassy at times. Burstein did good with her characters and the rest of the book had nice flow in it.
Chapters in Ben's point of view were really enjoyable and I got into his mind pretty soon - a complete opposite what happened with Cassie. After the rough start the book took off and I started to really enjoy Ben and Cassie's story. Made me wish I'd read about them before and I really felt with them - I wanted them to be happy, together if possible. Drew and Laura were awesome supporting character, I loved how head strong Laura was and still much more easier to approach than Cassie. And Drew, well, he was funny and sassy at times. Burstein did good with her characters and the rest of the book had nice flow in it.
I liked The Possibility of Us but sadly, it didn't blow my mind, hence the three stars. It was sweet in it's own way, it dealt with difficult subject if not wholly but it was there. I recommend this book for everyone who have read and liked Dear Cassie because I think they'll love it. For everyone else it's nice and sweet without sickenly so, very enjoyable story about second chance.
3 of 5 stars.
3 of 5 stars.
The Possibility of Us on Goodreads.
(A copy of this ebook was provided in return for an honest review.)
No comments:
Post a Comment