23 July 2014

Review: Trust In Me by J. Lynn


Trust In Me (Wait For You, #1.5)
by J. Lynn
Published by William Morrow Impulse
Paperback (bought)
NA, contemporary, romance

Cameron Hamilton is used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But when Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life – literally – he finally meets the one person who can resist his soulful baby blues. But Cam’s not ready to give up. He can’t get the feisty and intriguing girl out of his head.

Avery has secrets, secrets that keep her from admitting the feelings Cam knows she has for him. Will persistence (and some delicious homemade cookies) help him break down her barriers and gain her trust? Or will he be shut out of Avery's life, losing his first real shot at the kind of love that lasts forever?





I had great expectations when I started it. When someone mentions New Adult, there's at least twenty shouts for J. Lynn's Wait For You - and it was self-publishing sensation. So I got Trust In Me when I saw it and made a choice to read it without reading Wait For You. Reading the male point of view worked with Walking Disaster so I though, why not with this? It did work wonderfully, I liked Cam and his funny roommate Ollie and Avery was adorable mystery.

J. Lynn's writing is good, it's easy to read and like, and she has talent to make ordinary story lines better with unexpected twists. She did it with this one, too, and I liked the story and the characters. There was a great variety of different kind of persons, just like real life does. Avery's friends were ignored mostly in Trust In Me but I guess they were introduced way better in Wait For You, so it's understable. Just one character irked me - or better voiced, the way she was talked about and treated. Yes, it was Steph, the girl Cam had spend time with before he met Avery and who liked to have sex and dress short skirts and clothes like that. Techically Steph was a female version of Cam and what irked me was how Avery and even Cam made her seem like a slut where's Cam was just a guy who liked sex. Cam kind of defended Steph once but after that it was pretty much ignored and whenever Steph was mentioned there was the tone that suggested Cam and Avery didn't think very highly about her. I'm sorry I'm ranting about this but it made the story lose some of its charm.

Aside that problem, the story was good, gripping at times and I enjoyed it. Though, I'd liked to see more about Cam's life without Avery. At first Cam did things without Avery but somewhere the story started to involve only Avery, and their relationship. It seemed that Cam deserted all his other friends or then it was just left out of the story. I like romance, I like stories about relationships but there needs to be more than just relationship in life. Lacking of life without Avery made me lower the raiting because I can't simply overlook it.

However, Trust In Me is a lovely story and I do recommend it for the people who likes to read New Adult stories with contemporary romance - especially if male point of view is your thing.

3 of 5 stars.


Trust In Me on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment