23 July 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #12


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's cannot-wait book is:




Just Call My Name by Holly Goldberg Sloan!
 
Just Call My Name (I'll Be There, #2)
by Holly Goldberg Sloan
Expected publication: August 5th 2014
 
The happily-ever-after of Holly Goldberg Sloan's acclaimed debut, I'll Be There, is turned on its head in this riveting, emotional sequel about friends, enemies, and how those roles can shift in a matter of moments.

Emily Bell has it all. She's in love with a boy named Sam Border, and his little brother has become part of her family. This summer is destined to be the best time of their lives--until a charismatic new girl in town sets her sights on Sam. Now Emily finds herself questioning the loyalty of the person she thought she could trust most.

But the biggest threat to her happiness is someone she never saw coming. Sam's criminally insane father, whom everyone thought they'd finally left behind, is planning a jailbreak. And he knows exactly where to find Emily and his sons when he escapes...and takes his revenge.
 
 
I didn't even know there was going to be a sequel before last week. I adored I'll Be There because it was different, cute and yeah, super cute. So of course I'll read the sequel - even though some of the synopsis themes doesn't excite me much.. I usually love the first book of series because it's finding someone, it's start of the journey and even if its not easy, it's still something I love. Sequels tend to deal with trust and how failing at communication causes problems - and yeah, I'm not big one of those themes mostly because so often it seems like made-problems and everything would be okay if MC would just talk to her/his (usually her) partner. So. But I'm always ready to give benefit of doubt to this one because I really liked the first one. I hope this will be as different and unique as the first one and not to do same cliches as so many other series does.

Just Call My Name on Goodreads.

7 comments:

  1. I like the cover. Not familiar with these books though.
    I didn't care for the synopsis either, because it seems to be heading for some love triangle thing.
    Also at some point it reminds me of the show Twisted (the dad breaking out of prison/ coming for the son/ the girl(s))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sadly seems to be heading for some love triangle which is shame because I really liked the first one - it was fresh, unique and sweet, and didn't center only around the cute romance but everything else. But I'm still giving it a benefit of doubt, sometimes the story itself is nothing like synopsis.

      Delete
  2. I still have I'll be there in my tbr list but i do want to read it soon because i've heard great things! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Here’s My WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll Be There is truly enjoyable. Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. We are actually reviewing this later in August! Great pick!

    Here's our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I must check it out, then :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Yes, you have to because it was so good ^^ Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete