Nobodyby Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Published by Egmont
Paperback (bought)
YA, sci-fi, romance
“I thought, How can somebody want me dead when no one knows I'm alive?”
There are people in this world who are Nobody. No one sees them. No one notices them. They live their lives under the radar, forgotten as soon as you turn away.
That’s why they make the perfect assassins.
The Institute finds these people when they’re young and takes them away for training. But an untrained Nobody is a threat to their organization. And threats must be eliminated.
Sixteen-year-old Claire has been invisible her whole life, missed by the Institute’s monitoring. But now they’ve ID’ed her and send seventeen-year-old Nix to remove her. Yet the moment he lays eyes on her, he can’t make the hit. It’s as if Claire and Nix are the only people in the world for each other. And they are—because no one else ever notices them.
Nobody is different, unique, hautingly eerie and very imaginative. I have not seen any book like this, and while Nobody was nothing like I expected, it was really good. My expectations for this was closer to Barnes' Every Other Day than what Nobody delivered. I waited for assassins, lots of action and all that action paced thrill but instead I got romance like no other (which I really liked, I'm all for love like no other with all this hautingly story telling), mysteries and thrill was there even if not as strong as I expected. In a few words, Nobody shattered my expectations very soon and I'm glad it did - it was fresh, different and just what I needed without even knowing it.
Nobody is gripping story which I couldn't put down once I started reading it. I spent most of the midsummer fest devouring the book, not wanting to wait for a moment longer to know what will happen to Nix and Claire. Claire was intriguing character, how she wanted to be good even though no one noticed her and how she lived more on the pages of books she read. She changed after learning more about Nobodies and meeting Nix - poor Nix, who was intriguing, haunted and not ordinary. Trained from birth to be assanssin for the Institute, he was nowhere near a good citizen, a normal teenage boy. Their meeting, their story and their love was unique with eerie air around them.
Nobody is a good story but I'm not sure if it's for everyone. There's this kind of insta love, falling for assassin who does not feel remorse, at first, for killing people he thinks deserves it. Barnes writing style is haunting, eerie and strangely paced on this one but it's good. Not ordinary, maybe not for everyone, but good nonetheless. I recommend Nobody for everyone who wants something different, something haunting and great love.
Nobody is gripping story which I couldn't put down once I started reading it. I spent most of the midsummer fest devouring the book, not wanting to wait for a moment longer to know what will happen to Nix and Claire. Claire was intriguing character, how she wanted to be good even though no one noticed her and how she lived more on the pages of books she read. She changed after learning more about Nobodies and meeting Nix - poor Nix, who was intriguing, haunted and not ordinary. Trained from birth to be assanssin for the Institute, he was nowhere near a good citizen, a normal teenage boy. Their meeting, their story and their love was unique with eerie air around them.
Nobody is a good story but I'm not sure if it's for everyone. There's this kind of insta love, falling for assassin who does not feel remorse, at first, for killing people he thinks deserves it. Barnes writing style is haunting, eerie and strangely paced on this one but it's good. Not ordinary, maybe not for everyone, but good nonetheless. I recommend Nobody for everyone who wants something different, something haunting and great love.
4 of 5 stars.
Nobody on Goodreads.
No comments:
Post a Comment