28 February 2017

Review: This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

This Is What Happy Looks Like
by Jennifer E. Smith
Published by Headline
Paperback (borrowed)
YA, contemporary, romance

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?
When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

This Is What Happy Looks Like was fast-paced and very addicting read. It was sweet and cute but it also had more serious moments and some conflicts. I liked the characters; Ellie who was smart and loyal and Graham who was lonely and had his feet on the ground despite being famous movie star. I liked how their lives collided because of one email send to wrong person, and I really liked how their relationship developed.

Despite the genre and sweetness, the story was still realistic and everything didn't magically come together at the end. This Is What Happy Looks Like was fun read and I enjoyed it thoroughly. If you're up for sweet yet realistic contemporary romance, then I highly recommend this!

4 of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this, I just got approved for an arc by Jennifer E Smith so this has made me really excited to read that! Great review!

    ReplyDelete