Insight (The Community, #1)by Santino Hassell
Published by Riptide Publishing
eARC (received via NetGalley)
LGBT, paranormal, romance, mystery
Growing up the outcast in an infamous family of psychics, Nate Black never learned how to control his empath abilities. Then after five years without contact, his estranged twin turns up dead in New York City. The claim of suicide doesn’t ring true, especially when a mysterious vision tells Nate it was murder. Now his long-hated gift is his only tool to investigate.
Hitching from his tiny Texas town, Nate is picked up by Trent, a gorgeous engineer who thrives on sarcasm and skepticism. The heat that sparks between them is instant and intense, and Nate ends up trusting Trent with his secrets—something he’s never done before. But once they arrive in the city, the secrets multiply when Nate discovers an underground supernatural community, more missing psychics, and frightening information about his own talent.
Nate is left questioning his connection with Trent. Are their feelings real, or are they being propelled by abilities Nate didn’t realize he had? His fear of his power grows, but Nate must overcome it to find his brother’s killer and trust himself with Trent’s heart.
Insight blew my mind. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down, and when I was forced to due sleep and lectures, it was constantly on my mind; I still revisit it regularly even if I finished it a few weeks ago. I simply can't get enough.
Insight was such a perfect read for me because it had all the things a great romance and mystery needs. The characters were intriguing, complex and kept me guessing their motives and intentions, which is perfect when it comes to mysteries. Nate was so adorable and a very good main character because he was easy to approach as a reader. Trent was adorable too, in a different way than Nate, because while Nate second guessed himself, his influence and what he felt, Trent was adorably confident of a lot of things without being cocky at all. I just really liked them, and rooted for them from the very beginning. There were also plenty of secondary characters who were very interesting; Chase and Holden particularly. While some clarity was provided, there's still so many questions I have about Chase and Holden, who are half-brothers.
The mystery - whether Nate's brother killed himself and who possibly could have murdered him if it wasn't a suicide - was absolutely brilliant, edge of your seat material. There were so many suspicious elements and so many suspects in so many different things that just tangled together, that the story was irresistible and hard to put down. And true Santino Hassell style, there was stunning and steamy romance, which I couldn't possibly get enough.
I need more of this world, and I'm so incredibly happy that there's two books in The Community series scheduled for this year! I'll definitely check them out, and hope that Nate and Trent makes an appearance.
I highly recommend this to anyone who's up for unforgettable paranormal mystery and romance.
Insight was such a perfect read for me because it had all the things a great romance and mystery needs. The characters were intriguing, complex and kept me guessing their motives and intentions, which is perfect when it comes to mysteries. Nate was so adorable and a very good main character because he was easy to approach as a reader. Trent was adorable too, in a different way than Nate, because while Nate second guessed himself, his influence and what he felt, Trent was adorably confident of a lot of things without being cocky at all. I just really liked them, and rooted for them from the very beginning. There were also plenty of secondary characters who were very interesting; Chase and Holden particularly. While some clarity was provided, there's still so many questions I have about Chase and Holden, who are half-brothers.
The mystery - whether Nate's brother killed himself and who possibly could have murdered him if it wasn't a suicide - was absolutely brilliant, edge of your seat material. There were so many suspicious elements and so many suspects in so many different things that just tangled together, that the story was irresistible and hard to put down. And true Santino Hassell style, there was stunning and steamy romance, which I couldn't possibly get enough.
I need more of this world, and I'm so incredibly happy that there's two books in The Community series scheduled for this year! I'll definitely check them out, and hope that Nate and Trent makes an appearance.
I highly recommend this to anyone who's up for unforgettable paranormal mystery and romance.
5 of 5 stars
Thank you, Riptide Publishing, for giving me a chance to read and review Insight!
(A copy of this ebook was provided in return for an honest review.)
No comments:
Post a Comment