12 February 2017

The Reading Habits Tag

I saw Helene Jeppesen's video of the Reading Habits Tag, and it looked nice so I decided to do it!

1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Not really. I either read on my cozy chair, on my desktop chair, or on my bed. Basically anywhere except on the floor. I used to be very picky where I read a couple of years ago but now I read wherever the mood strikes me (or where I can).

2) Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Definitely a bookmark. I own a lot of bookmarks and I use them every time I read physical books.
This is my main pile of bookmarks, some of are in use but this shows a little bit just how many I own.

3) Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
I have to finish the chapter I'm reading before I can finish. The only exception is commuting by train, especially to uni when I have limited time to read. But if given a choice, I can't just stop reading; I have to finish the chapter.

4) Do you eat or drink while reading?
I might drink but I don't eat because I don't want to ruin my books with stains. And usually I even put the book down while drinking.

However, since I got Kindle, I sometimes read while eating breakfast because I don't have to hold the e-reader in my hands while reading/eating.

5) Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I used to listen music while reading but nowadays no. I need quiet when I read - even while commuting I usually have my earphones on even if there's no music, just to drown the noise around me.

6) One book at a time or several at once?
I am a book bigamist, which means that I have several at once. Usually I focus on one or two books at the time but I have several currently reading ones that I switch between (or sometimes the book is on my currently reading pile way too long because it takes me time to pick it up again).

Actually, I once made a confessional post about being a book bigamist.

7) Reading at home or everywhere?
Mostly at home but since I started commuting to uni by train, I read a lot on trains and train stations.

8) Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Definitely silently in my head. I never read out loud unless it's picture books for my cousins.

9) Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Sometimes my gaze wanders to next page before I'm actually there, but I always go back and read what I almost missed.

10) Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keeping it like new! I hate broken spines, it's a pet peeve of mine, and for instance, I won't buy a book I want in the second hand store if the spine isn't intact.

11) Do you write in your books?
No. I like my books to be pristine. If I want to remember some quote or such, I'll use post-it notes.

12) Who do you tag?
Anyone who wants to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment