27 February 2017

Review: I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga

I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)
by Barry Lyga
Published by Corgi
Paperback (purchased)
YA, contemporary, mystery, thriller

You’re seventeen years old and your father is the most notorious serial killer America has ever produced.

He brought you up. Taught you everything he knows. Everyone in your ordinary American town knows who you are. So even though Dear Old Dad is safely behind bars, when the killing starts all over again, you are the first person the police come to see…
They don’t know whether it’s nature or nurture. And neither do you…




I find psychological crime mysteries truly intriguing when it comes to TV shows like Criminal Minds, and I Hunt Killers fell into the category where it's mysterious, dark, and twisted - and when it's so good because of the fascinating characters and surprising plot. It was utterly captivating read from the very beginning to the end.

Jazz's hilarious. His dark humor was hilarious. Not only that he was complex character who has a lot of potential to be extremely dangerous because of how he was brought up by his serial killer father; but he fights against it. It was almost brilliant to see the world through Jazz's eyes, and that only made the story so captivating. Jazz simply was the best and his friend Howie was not far behind because I loved him too.

And the plot and the twists, I can't even. It was just so utterly captivating and stunning, and I really need to pick up the sequel soon because I need more of this amazing world!

If you can handle some bloody scenes, then I definitely recommend I Hunt Killers because it's just so good and so hard to put down!

5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment