"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's cannot-wait book is:
Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen!
Skyscraping
Expected publication: June 2nd 2015
YA, LGBT, contemporary
A heartrending, bold novel in verse about family, identity, and forgiveness
Mira is just beginning her senior year of high school when she discovers her father with his male lover. Her world–and everything she thought she knew about her family–is shattered instantly. Unable to comprehend the lies, betrayal, and secrets that–unbeknownst to Mira–have come to define and keep intact her family’s existence, Mira distances herself from her sister and closest friends as a means of coping. But her father’s sexual orientation isn’t all he's kept hidden. A shocking health scare brings to light his battle with HIV. As Mira struggles to make sense of the many fractures in her family's fabric and redefine her wavering sense of self, she must find a way to reconnect with her dad–while there is still time.
Told in raw, exposed free verse, Skyscraping reminds us that there is no one way to be a family.
Mira is just beginning her senior year of high school when she discovers her father with his male lover. Her world–and everything she thought she knew about her family–is shattered instantly. Unable to comprehend the lies, betrayal, and secrets that–unbeknownst to Mira–have come to define and keep intact her family’s existence, Mira distances herself from her sister and closest friends as a means of coping. But her father’s sexual orientation isn’t all he's kept hidden. A shocking health scare brings to light his battle with HIV. As Mira struggles to make sense of the many fractures in her family's fabric and redefine her wavering sense of self, she must find a way to reconnect with her dad–while there is still time.
Told in raw, exposed free verse, Skyscraping reminds us that there is no one way to be a family.
Skyscraping on Goodreads.
Skyscraping sounds really emotional ride and I'm waiting for this almost desperately. I need to read it now but it's not published until June? Seriously, I'm sure they enjoy our suffering way too much.
What are you waiting on this week?

Yep, I agree with you this book will bring tears to the readers eyes that's for sure. PS--I LURVE the cover! :)
ReplyDeleteWaiting on Wednesday(TRD)
I haven't decided if I want to read this book or not, but I absolutely love that cover. I hope you'll like it, and thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW
Wow this is new to me but it sounds really good. Great pick!
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW
Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons
This sounds awesome! Just added to my TBR. Great pick!
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW
Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons
Oh man, that covers giving me a serious case of height fright, damn, haha. It does sound really emotional. Hope the HIV part is done right though. :)
ReplyDeleteThis does look like it could be really gut wrenching (and that cover, damn!) It's definitely one I plan on reading. Great pick!
ReplyDeleteMy WoW this Week: Firefight
Loving this cover and it sounds like a really great book :D
ReplyDelete