4 November 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want To Re-Read (Someday, I will, I swear!)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
 
Once upon a time I re-read over and over again those books I held dear. Then happened Goodreads, book blogs and mountains of new books found me. You can guess that now on I basically read new books and have no time to re-read. However, there's some books that I will, I swear. Why? Because I want to. I love to re-read but hectic life and tons of new books keeps happening.
 
So yeah. In middle school and even in high school I re-read books and series all the time. Harry Potter, Inheritance Cycle, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Wuthering Heights... if it was my favourite, I re-read it at least two to three times. Sometimes more.
 
During last couple of years I haven't re-read books. But now I'm going to tell you, what books I'd love to re-read and what I try to re-read when I finally allow myself put down the new books.
 
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
I'm not even sure how many times I've read Wuthering Heights but I still want to re-read it. Mostly because I've only read translation so I'd love to read it in English (I've a beautiful Splintered Classic Line edition, now all I need it to re-read it. Someday.)
 

2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I fell in love with the series and unlike most of the trilogies I've read, UTNS was stunning through all three books. I'd love to read all of them again but I'd settle with the first one because it's my favourite. I just love reading how people meet and how their journey begins.
 
3. Hushed by Kelley York
Hushed is probably my favourite of all my favourites. It also was first Kelley York book I read. I loved it, it broke me and yeah, after two years I'm still not over it. Maybe I'm a masochist but I want to re-read this one badly.
 
 
4. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
I think I've read the whole five book series two or three times already. But in Finnish so now that I've copies of these in English I'd like to read them. And maybe after that finally dive in Heroes of Olympos series.


5. Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
Mainly Brisingr. I've read Eragon and Eldest multiple times when I was younger but Brisingr only once. I still need to read Inheritance but I don't remember where Brisingr left that good, so yeah, re-read would be perfect before diving into Inheritance.
 
6. That Was Then, This Is Now by S.E. Hinton

We had to read The Outsiders for school in middle school. While I wasn't that big fan of it, I still read all other Hinton's books I could find - and surprise, I loved them all (and more than The Outsiders)! I've read Tex multiple times, it's so magnificent but That Was Then This Is Now is the one I loved most of them all, and what hurt the most. I will re-read it, I just... I know I'm going to cry and it's going to hurt so much all over again. And give me a huge book hangover.
 

7. Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr 
I've re-read Wicked Lovely maybe three times but Ink Exchange only once. I loved it more but it was also so raw and hurt so much that I've been unable to read it again. I'd love to and then finish the series because I've still yet to read Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadows and Darkest Mercy.
 
8. Atonement by Ian McEwan

Why it seems that I want to re-read only books that make me cry or feel like hell? Why I love those that crush my heart without mercy? I don't know but Atonement is one of them. It's been a couple of years since I last re-read it and I think it's time to read it again. Even though the first fifty pages is quite boring, no matter how many times I read it.
 
9. Escape From Hell! by Hal Duncan
Hal Duncan is genious (and I have met him in person!) and this is his masterpiece. It's bloody and pure Hell with twists like no other. It's pure perfection. I need to re-read this (and now that I have the feeling give it to me now, of course the book is at home and I'm on campus).
 
10. Half Bad by Sally Green

I read Half Bad last summer but I have itch to read it again. It was brilliant, no matter what people say. I mean, I'm not huge fan of witches and wizards (apart from HP I don't read books with witches because... well, I just don't like them) so loving Half Bad is huge for me. I pre-ordered Half Wild and I'm so happy in a couple of days there will be a novella, Half Lies, coming out so I can read it. But I'd love to re-read Half Bad nonentheless.

7 comments:

  1. I've read #2&4 and they are both great for a reread. One of these days I would like to read Half Bad.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Half Bad, it was so good! Which surprised me as I don't usually like witch/witchcraft books (besides the obvious Harry Potter).

      Delete
  2. I used to be a big re-reader too back in the day. Little Jamie & Pre-Teen Jamie reread books until they fell apart. Now I barely re-read. (read: almost never). Your post just reminded me of That Was Then, This Is Now. I USED TO LOVE THAT BOOK. I think I may try to reread it. Wow. Blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much the same. Since I discovered all the great books and all those that I so desperately want to read, I always pick a new book over a great re-read. I love that one too! But I haven't read it since 9th grade. I'd love to re-read some of these during the Christmas break.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with Percy Jackson! Those books are amazing! I haven't read any others on your list. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Percy Jackson combinates my passions: reading and mythology. And badass characters, of course. It's truly amazing series! Now all I need is to pick up the Heroes of Olympos series, I'm way too behind with that.

      Delete
  4. LOVE this idea for a blog post! Really ingenious!
    Percy Jackson = life. When I first read the series, I couldn't stop talking about the books, as well as mythology! I became totally obsessed!

    You should definitely read Heroes Of Olympus! Such a fantastic fast-paced series, just like Percy Jackson! Rick Riordan does not disappoint!
    -Tyra

    ReplyDelete