Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by two different hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read! This meme is here for bloggers to gain new blogger friends and followers.
This weeks topic:
Craziest thing you'd be willing to do for an ARC you are dying to read?
Sell my soul. I'm not even kidding (or am I?) I don't know. Anything that's possible to do, honestly. I've been lucky and gotten some really great eARCs but the downsides of living in Finland is that yeah, you don't really get physical ARCs. It would cost way too much to travel USA for BEA or any book conventions and most people won't send ARCs outside USA because of the shipping cost. It's okay, I understand it but of course I wish I'd someday get a physical ARC of a book I'm dying to read. I'd be willing to do some crazy stuff for it.
Or you can add me on Google+!



Wow! It must be difficult for you to get arc's I never thought about what it might be like for bloggers in other countries. Some of the publishers have branches in other countries, maybe if you wrote to them directly...?
ReplyDeleteFollowing via bloglovin
My #FF
I've been thinking that too but I'm not sure if my stats are good enough. Also, the branches aren't where I live (in our "book culture" there's no ARCs at all, the industry is too small for that, I think) so it would still be international shipping if I'd write to UK publishers, for example. But I'm kind of used to this you-don't-get-these-perks-because-you-live-so-far-away, so it's okay. Thanks for stopping by, I'll check your FF and follow back :)
DeleteThat sucks about not being able to get physical ARCs. At least there are digital ARCs in 2014 ;) Old follower!
ReplyDeleteHere's my F&F!
Yeah, thank goodness for digital ARCs! Life would suck without them, surely. Thank you for commenting, Tracy :)
DeleteI wish travelling to the US for conventions wasn't so hard . . isn't there a charity which offers support for book addicts??? :-)
ReplyDeleteOld follower.
Kirsty xx
http://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/07/ff-feature-and-follow-friday-lets-get-hopping/
Yeah. Or that the flight wouldn't be so damn expensive because that's the biggest reason I'm not able to go. The flight, hotel and the convention would cost way more than my student budget can offer. Is there? I've never heard about charity like that. It would be perfect, though! Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Kirsty :)
DeleteI think all physical ARCs are pretty limited these days. I like physical copies if they have artistic covers because it's like adding art to the house but all of my ARCs have been eBooks
ReplyDeleteYeah, they must be and lots of them goes to booktubers, or it at least seems that way. I'm not complaining about eARCs because I do love them and it's amazing I can even get those occasionally. Though, it would be so great to own even one physical ARC!
Delete