Now we're getting somewhere. I love, adore, worship, most of secondary characters in books I love. It's no secret that I'm often having a hard time with narrators and main characters, that they annoy me - sometimes I even end up disliking the book mainly because the main character and I didn't click on. But secondary characters, let me tell you, without few exceptions I love them. Authors usually do them so much better and maybe it's because the book isn't narrated by them so they're a little bit mysterious and yeah. It's no secret I love the badass characters, the villains, bad boys and jaded ones. So there'll be a quite few of them on this list.
And now, we get to the point. In no particular order, I'd give these ten divine secondary characters their own book.
1. Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter.
Is it even a surprise? Draco's my favourite. He's bad boy, he made the wrong choices and all that, and I loved him because of it. Harry was a good, solid main character and even though I love him to pieces, too, Draco stole my heart and soul. I'd love to hear what kind of childhood he had, how his studies went, how he acted with his friends. All of that.
(And if I can't have book from Draco point of view, I'd settle with Lucius.)

2. Nico from Percy Jackson.
First I adored him. Who didn't? He's son of Hades, his live hasn't been excatly easy and he lost so much. Nico had struggles I'd love to read and all his trips to the Underworld and how his and Hades relationship formed and... I'd just read a book about him. Or two.
5. Finnick from The Hunger Games.
I bet I'd love The Hunger Games more than anything else if Finnick narrated it. His life was tragic but he still smiled and had Annie and their son. I want Finnick back and have a book from his point of view. Pretty please?
4. Warner from Shatter Me.

Adam left me cold but Warner? Oh, he's the villanous bad boy I love to love. Yes, he's not excatly good, is shady and all of that but he was interesting. I've only read Shatter Me so I don't know what we get to know more during the later books but I want to know it all. I want him to narrate.
5. Gabriel from Half Bad.
He's such a lovely lad. Nathan is one of my favourite narrators but I'd love to read more about Gabriel from Gabriel's point of view. What his childhood was like? Present? Future? Anything? I hope we'll get tons of more Gabriel on Half Wild but I'd read a whole book about him if possible.
6. Murtagh from Eragon.
I love Eragon, I do, but Murtagh was interesting. His childhood was pretty much one giant tradegy and his life didn't get much better when he grew up but yeah, I love tradegies, I love broken and flawed characters. While I want everything to be good for Eragon, I hope same for Murtagh. It would just be so intriguing to read about his childhood and how he grew up and how he struggled and everything.

7. Haymitch from The Hunger Games.
He was there during all of the books but a book narrated by him? That would be fantastic. I bet I'd laugh through half of the book and cried the rest - and I'd love every second of it.
8. Marcus from Half Bad.
I'm not obsessed with Half Bad. Not at all. But yeah, Marcus is the ultimate bad, the one everyone is afraid or hate, and he's the absend father of Nathan. What wouldn't I give to hear his side of the story? We got some during Half Bad but I wasn't satisfied. He's powerful, bad, dark and yet, he loved Nathan's mother and I refuse to believe he doesn't care about Nathan.
9 & 10. Sirius and James from Harry Potter.
Okay, okay, all of marauders. Their childhood, years in Hogwards and their lives before James and Lily was murdered. But especially Sirius and James's friendship and how Sirius managed after his best friend died and yeah, you get the idea.

I don't blame you for choosing characters from Half Bad as they are all great characters, I decided against using them in this instance but I did think about putting at least one of them in my list.
ReplyDeleteMy TTT - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf
I did consider them twice because there's still chance we get to see more of them and their story (and we probably will) but eventually I just had to put them on my list.
DeleteOh. I've never read any of those book but they seem great! Need to read more than and what a great TTT for you
ReplyDeleteHERE'S MY TOP TEN TUESDAY!
NEW FOLLOWER VIA GFC AND BLOGLOVIN
I do recommend all of them, they're great books :)
DeleteI almost chose Haymitch, but I went with someone else from The Hunger Games. I agree with Murtagh. I'd definitely read a Draco book. Great list! Here's my TTT
ReplyDeleteMichelle @ Michelle's Minions
I believe Murtagh and Draco would have strong voices and it would be so great to read how they see the world and the situation they've been put by their choices, and their families.
DeleteI picked Warner too. Destroy Me was just not long enough, I need more!! Haymitch would also be intriguing.
ReplyDeleteMonique @ Mo_Books
I haven't read Destroy Me, yet, but I can only believe how it's not enough! I think Haymitch would have interesting things to say and he'd have a strong voice.
DeleteI had Haymitch on my list too! & You could probably come up with a TTTfor this topic entirely from the HP books. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou're right about that, one really could come up - easily - ten characters from HP who just needs their own books. I tried to limit them but I don't think I succeeded :D
DeleteI haven't read Half Bad but I agree with EVERY SINGLE ONE of your choices. God I'd cry for weeks if we had any one of those.
ReplyDeleteNew GFC follower!
Esty @ Boarding with Books
Thank you, Esty! You made me smile with your comment :) I will follow you back ^^
Delete