Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
It's a rewind week and I love quotes so much - naturally I chose to do this.
“But these words people threw around - humans, monsters, heroes, villains - to Victor it was all just a matter of semantics. Someone could call themselves a hero and still walk around killing dozens. Someone else could be labeled a villain for trying to stop them. Plenty of humans were monstrous, and plenty of monsters knew how to play at being human.”
Vicious by V.E. Schwab
“Sunshine, if I ever disappear, please tell people that I ran after the Devil, trying to get my soul back.”
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
“Even the stars are lies. They sparkle so brightly, but their shine takes years to reach us.”
Made of Stars by Kelley York
“If you can't fix it, you have to stand it.”
Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx
“He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
“All my life I wanted somebody who knew more than I did to tell me the truth.”
Tex by S.E. Hinton
“Words were different when they lived inside of you.”
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! - - When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
“Sometimes it seems like everyone knows who I am except me.”
Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
“I feel like I could eat the world raw.”
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
It's a rewind week and I love quotes so much - naturally I chose to do this.
“But these words people threw around - humans, monsters, heroes, villains - to Victor it was all just a matter of semantics. Someone could call themselves a hero and still walk around killing dozens. Someone else could be labeled a villain for trying to stop them. Plenty of humans were monstrous, and plenty of monsters knew how to play at being human.”
Vicious by V.E. Schwab
“Sunshine, if I ever disappear, please tell people that I ran after the Devil, trying to get my soul back.”
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
“Even the stars are lies. They sparkle so brightly, but their shine takes years to reach us.”
Made of Stars by Kelley York
“If you can't fix it, you have to stand it.”
Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx
“He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
“All my life I wanted somebody who knew more than I did to tell me the truth.”
Tex by S.E. Hinton
“Words were different when they lived inside of you.”
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! - - When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
“Sometimes it seems like everyone knows who I am except me.”
Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
“I feel like I could eat the world raw.”
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

Nice post! I just started to become really interested in quotes myself. I haven't done a post of them yet.
ReplyDeleteI love Wuthering Heights. I saw a live play years ago that was fantastic!
The only thing I have read by S.E. Hinton is The Outsiders, but I loved it! I may have to check out Tex and see what else she has out there.
See my TTT at: https://kellyfbarr.com/2016/08/09/top-ten-tuesday-24/
Yes. This confirms it. I do need to read VE Schwab! That book sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great quote from Vicious!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my TTT.