Saga, Volume 1by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Stables
Published by Image Comics
Paperback (borrowed from library)
Graphic novel, adult, fantasy, sci-fi
When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe.
From bestselling writer Brian K. Vaughan, Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults.
I had high expectations for Saga because so many people were raving about it. While I liked the graphic style and the use of colour, the storyline itself didn't make me like it a bit. Saga certainly is fast paced, but I couldn't connect with the characters at all. I wasn't concerned for any of them and by the end I couldn't care less for the heroes of the story. Overall there just wasn't anything to keep me attached to the story because it wasn't able to get me into the story in the first place.
Also the explicit content made my stomach churn - not because the sexual content but all the core stuff. I couldn't enjoy the story because of that and especially because of this one spider character (I'm severely arachnophobic).
I'm not going to continue with Saga as it simply isn't for me. But if you enjoy something that's really sci-fi and you don't squirm from lots of core (or sexual content), then Saga might be for you.
2 of 5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment