Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by two different hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read! This meme is here for bloggers to gain new blogger friends and followers.
This weeks topic:
What books would you give to newbies in your favourite genre?
Well, my favourite genre is dystopia - though it needs to be really good with solid world-building. Against odds, I wouldn't recommend The Hunger Games to a newbie (most likely newbie would have heard of it anyway and in my opinion, there's better books in the genre than THG). I'd give the newbie Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (because the world-building is stunning and even more imporantly, the characters are maybe the best I've ever had pleasure to read) AND The Maze Runner by James Dashner (because I can). I'd also highly recommend Proxy by Alex London (though I'd add that the sequel isn't as good, in fact, I struggle to even read it).
After those I'd probably recommend even more books but this can do for now. Although I just realized how few dystopian books I've actually read. I need to read more dystopians in the future!
Or you can add me on Google+.
Come say hi to me on Twitter!



I'm reading (listening to) the Maze Runner right now and it's so good! I picked it up after seeing the movie and it's so, so different! Thanks for sharing! Old follower :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my F&F!
I am new to this genre so I have written down your recommendations. Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
My FF
I love dystopian, and I've read everyone of the books you have listed. All fantastic reads! I recommend the Inside Out Duology by Maria Snyder or Across the Universe by Beth Revis. Both are dystopian/ science fiction.
ReplyDeleteOld follower
Monique @ Mo_Books
My ten year old tried to read The Maze Runner. I think he was a little young for it.
ReplyDeleteMy fourteen daughter is big into the Divergent series. Isn't that dystopian?
I'm a new Bloglovin' follower.
My FF