26 September 2014

Stacking the Shelves (18)



Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and is all about sharing the book you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
 
Purchased
 
 
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
Switched by Amanda Hocking
 
I'm putting myself on a book buying ban. I've ordered and purchased way too many books and as a student who have no time to work alongside studies, I'm not that wealthy. So there probably won't be that many STS on future. Altough one order is on the way, should arrive sometime during next week, so. And there's always possibility that I'll get review copies. However, I try to stick on my book buying ban at least a couple of months, maybe all the way to Christmas. Let's see how long I'll last!

11 comments:

  1. Hello Henna! We are super excited to tell you that we nominated you for the Liebster Awards!
    Click here to see our post!

    Isabel and Rebeca @ Liberamans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Isabel and thank you so much! I feel so honoured that you nominated me! This made my day :)

      Delete
  2. You got some interesting looking books this week. Enjoy your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any Amanda Hocking so I'll have to check one of hers out, it's the Trylle series, right? (I think.) Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kirsty, it seems to be first on the Trylle series. I haven't read anything from her either but I'm excited to read Swithed :)

      Delete
  4. i usually get my books from library or places like netgalley so it doesn't hurt my wallet so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to get some of my books from library but I live in Finland so the selection of English books aren't that great, especially YA books. And although I get some books via NetGalley I don't get approved all and yeah. So for me it's pretty much that if I want to read the book, I need to buy it (or pray that someone will gift it to me). I'm not complaining much, though, because I love to own my books and re-read them.

      Delete
  5. I loved the movie of A Walk to Remember back in high school, so much that I read the book afterwards. Although I do think it's one of those weird cases where the movie is better than the book. And yes, I know exactly what you mean about book buying bans, but it's so hard to actually make happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the movie so much and I rewatched it yesterday. The movie is better, yes, but I think since they're so different that it's hard to compare them. I love the movie and I love the book, as simple as that.

      Yes it is! Every time I try I end up buying books because (a) I get a great deal (b) I get little money and go straight to buy books (c) I just stop fighting my desires. This time I try to go at least a month without buying any - if possible all the way to Christmas.

      Delete
  6. So much awesomeness here! Happy reading and I hope you’ll enjoy them all! :)

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/09/stacking-shelves-7.html

    ReplyDelete