13 September 2014

Stacking the Shelves (16)


Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and is all about sharing the book you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

For review via NetGalley


 
Bottled Up Secret by Brian McNamara 
The Daughter of the Sea and the Sky by David Litwack

 
Purchased
 

 
Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout (includes Shadows)
The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
 
 
Freebies


 
Deviations by Crystal C. Johnson
 The Forgotten by Saruuh Kelsey

I probably shouldn't get more review copies but I wanted to read Bottled Up Secret and Daughter of the Sea and Sky, and it's not like I'm drowning under my pile of review copies. I have pretty much solid plan for reading them all, so yeah.

The books I purchased, well, I ordered them some weeks ago. Let me just say, the cover of Wuthering Heights is the most beautiful cover ever - and you can never have too many copies of your favourite classic (and I have only three now, and one of them are in Finnish). I loved The Beautiful and the Cursed so I had to have my own copy (and with prettier cover than the UK edition that library had). Opposition.. I'm so disappointed with the cover. It sparkles. I don't want to my covers sparkling. Hell, if I want anything to sparkle I'll watch Twilight. Why did they have to change the covers and make them sparkle? I will never understand.

Freebies are always nice. Eh, I kind of own paperback copy of The Forgotten as well as PDF but well, I didn't have it on my Kindle. It's amazing book and yeah, I'm so not regretting of owning way too many copies of it.

What did you get this week?

6 comments:

  1. I got the Daughter of Sea and Sky as well. Great stack of books this week. Come visit me as well.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! That Cover Of Wuthering Heights, absolutely gorgeous!
    I REALLY want to read the Lux series, but Im not a fan of the new bind ups, I don't like multiple books in one book. I dont know why, so I have been collecting them one by one, but then I was upset that Opposition wouldnt match. I know seriously weird of me!
    But anyways, you have an excellent haul
    Happy Reading
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool Wuthering Heights cover.

    Erin @ The Book Nut

    http://booklovingnut.blogspot.com/2014/09/stacking-shelves-10-september-13-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I'm not a fan of the new Lux covers. I guess it's what's inside that counts. Enjoy your books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jealous of your stacks! I hope you enjoy you new books!

    Come and check out
    OUaT's STS and don't forget to ENTER our BOXES OF BOOKS giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many interesting and good looking books you have here! Happy reading! :)

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/09/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete