11 March 2017

I Dare You Book Tag

I saw this tag on The Chronicles of Danielle, and I'm not sure where it originated, and I wasn't tagged but I felt like doing it so here we are.

Rules
You must be honest
You must answer all the questions
You must tag at least 4 people

1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
I'm not totally sure because I can't remember in which order I got some of my oldest books, but I'm pretty sure that my Finnish copy of Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the oldest that I still own.

2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you'll read next?
My last read was Summer Stock, my current in Wake Up Call, and my next read might be One of Us Is Lying.

3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
There's quite a few that I might not have hated but disliked/feel indifferent - I have some unpopular opinions about popular books. I just DNF'd Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, which a lot seem to love.

4. What book do you keep telling yourself you'll read, but you probably won't?
Honestly, I'm not sure. At the moment I plan on reading all the books that I tell myself to. 

5. What book are you saving for retirement?
After spending hours of reading history books for uni, I just want to read something else on my free time. Thus I'm saving all the history books I want to read for my retirement.

6. Last page: read it first, or wait 'til the end?
Wait until the end. I don't think I've ever actually read the last page on purpose.

7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
Interesting aside, definitely. I often read the acknowledgement before even starting to read the book.

8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Oh boy, there's so many. But since I'd really love to go to Hogwarts, I'd switch places with Pansy - I'd get to be in Slytherin and be friends with Draco.

9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
There's many but I remember so well the summer day when Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian was published in Finnish. I bought my copy and headed to my grandparent's summer cottage where I spend rest of the day and most of the night reading it. And I re-read it on the next day. I can still smell the ocean air when I was reading on the terrace.

10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
I can't remember any because I mostly get my books the old boring way - either purchasing them by myself, through giveaways, through publishers and authors, or as gifts.

11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
No. I don't give away my own copies, I rather buy a new one if I want to give that book to someone.

12. Which book had been with you most places?
Must be Vicious by V.E. Schwab. I bought it in London, then it travelled with me to Finland. Then I moved to Scotland with Vicious. I even took the book in London last summer to get it signed in YALC. Of course, then I took it back to Scotland. So it have travelled quite a bit in UK and Finland.

13. Any "required reading" you hated in high school that wasn't so bad two years later?
I haven't re-read any required readings from high school.

14. Used or brand new?
Preferably new, but I don't mind used if it's in a good condition.

15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
No, I haven't.

16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than a book?
Not in a case where I have both read the book and watched the movie.

17. Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks included?
Every time someone eats something delicious, I'm yearning for it. Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda especially made me crave for oreos.

18. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?
I have two friends who I trust a lot when it comes to book advice.

19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g. outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
Peter May's The Blackhouse; I don't read crime novels (even though I love a good crime TV show) but I gave this a shot because it took place in Scotland, and I ended up loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment