I wasn't tagged by anyone so I was sneaky and did it anyway. You can't stop me doing tags! (Please someone stop me, I'm becoming an addict!)
Recently I made a post about my current TBR on my campus.
1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Eh, not logically. Well, I do have a logic but it's hard to explain since it's not logical (or practical). I have a notebook where I write down my TBR books that I own (includes physical copies, eARCs and ebooks), and that's my main TBR list. Then there's all those freebies on my Kindle app but I'll read them when I feel like it, so I don't usually include them on my TBR notebook list. I also have some physical copies I'm not including there, mainly because they're in Finnish and I've bought them years ago (I may take them second hand shop sometime, but there's not one currently on city where I live so yeah).
So yeah, not really practical. The notebook is my main TBR book list and those books I want to read badly (and I need to read them), and everything else I just refuse to feel any pressure.
2. Is your TBR mostly print or eBook?
Print. If the book is physical form, I'm more likely to read it (and let's face it, I buy my books as physical copies, because some day I'm going to have a huge library).
I'm not huge fan of ebooks. I don't purchase them unless the book is only available as ebook (many short stories and novellas). I do have lots of ebooks, mainly Amazon freebies and eARCs and review copies, and therefore my ebook TBR consist mostly review copies and I'm trying to keep it expanding too much.
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
By my mood, mostly. You have no idea how much time I spend sitting on my desk, staring my campus shelf and trying to decide what I'm in mood for. Sometimes it's easier and I just know what I want to read (especially if I've got some new books) but sometimes it takes half an hour (and eventually my roommate decides for me, heh). Review copies I usually read either when I'm really mood for that particular book, or when it's almost due (I do everything faster and better when I'm under pressure and in a hurry)
By my mood, mostly. You have no idea how much time I spend sitting on my desk, staring my campus shelf and trying to decide what I'm in mood for. Sometimes it's easier and I just know what I want to read (especially if I've got some new books) but sometimes it takes half an hour (and eventually my roommate decides for me, heh). Review copies I usually read either when I'm really mood for that particular book, or when it's almost due (I do everything faster and better when I'm under pressure and in a hurry)
4. A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest?I'm not entirely sure but my guess is The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater with 482 pages.
5. A book you recently added to your TBR?
To my physical TBR (aka the books I actually own) it's While England Sleeps by David Leavitt. To my Goodreads TBR (aka books I want to read but don't necessarily own or are not released yet) it's Gives Light by Rose Christo.
6. A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover.
Honestly, I don't think there is one. If the synopsis doesn't intrigue me, then I won't add it on my TBR no matter how much I love the cover.
7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading.I plan reading them all (especially if I own them already). It just might take some time.
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for.
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness because how can you not add it after reading the synopsis? This is just what I've waited for years!
Half Wild by Sally Green is my most anticipated sequel of this year.
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you.Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, probably. Most definitely. (Also Cinder by Marissa Meyer but I actually purchased it recently so I'm going to read it this month or next!)
10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you.
Well, it was The Fault In Our Stars by John Green but I read it recently, so I got to with The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read.
Of Triton by Anna Banks because I need need more of that world and Gale and all of it. Luckily I have it and I'll probably read it as soon as I turn in my baccalaureate paper.
12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
There's currently 473 books on my to-read shelf on Goodreads. However, my GR shelves aren't well organized since that shelf includes both books I own, don't own but want to read, and books that haven't been published yet. So it reduces the count a lot. I'm not quite sure how many I have, since my books are divided: some are at campus, some are at home, and then there's my Kindle app, Digital Adobe Editions and PDFs. It's somewhere around hundred books, I think (I have maybe fifty physical books on my TBR pile, so yeah, I'm not feeling much pressure).
And I tag everyone who reads this!
If you do this, please leave a link in comments so I can check it out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment