4 March 2015

The Bookself Tag

I wasn't actually tagged by anyone but I really wanted to do this tag (because taking pictures of bookshelves is just fun). Reviews from a Bookworm tagged anyone and everyone who read her post and wanted to do this so I'm using that as an excuse to do this.
 
On campus I have pretty much my TBR books (some more at home) and rest of my books are at home. I'm also a little ashamed because my second bookshelf is a little disorganized mainly because I just put random stuff and random books there when I'm in a hurry. I'll probably organize my shelves next summer when I'm back home from campus with all my books. Anyways, here's the Bookshelf Tag!
 
My shelves
 
Campus shelf
 
 
My "mostly English & History books shelf"
 
 
My other shelf (that's disorganized)
 
 
1. Is there a book that you really want to read but haven't because you know it'll make you cry?
Actually I've read lots of books that makes me cry recently. Don't know why but I've been feeling like it and I've gone with the flow. So I've already read Brokeback Mountain, A Walk to Remember, Speak and Suicide Watch that would have fit this category.
 
2. Pick one book that helped introduce you to a new genre.
I have to go with The Hunger Games. It introduced me to dystopian genre, however, this is a little tricky because I didn't like The Hunger Games. I read all the three books (and it took me way too long) and there was some characters I liked so much I had to finish the series (such as Haymitch, Finnick, Gale and some random supporting characters). After finishing The Hunger Games I wanted to read some other dystopian books because I loved the idea behind the story, I just wasn't a fan of it's main characters or the writing style or the plot. So yeah, it's The Hunger Games that got me almost obsessed with dystopian.

(Noted that I don't own copies of The Hunger Games since I borrowed them from a friend.)
 
3. Find a book that you want to reread.
There's way too many, honestly. But I'll go with Under the Never Sky and Wuthering Heights (even though I've read it like four times already). I wanted to reread the first two books on UTNS trilogy before diving Into the Still Blue but I didn't have time back then because of school work. Now I'd love to reread the first book. Though it has to wait because I borrowed it to my friend.
 
4. Is there a book series you read but wish you hadn't?
This is hard, especially since I'm assuming I'd have to read the whole series. There's some series that would fit this category but I haven't read the last book yet (like Divergent trilogy) so I have to go with The Hunger Games. I wish I'd just read the first book and then stopped. My friends pressured me to read the whole series (it was supposed to get better) but I didn't enjoy it. And it took me three months to read Catching Fire. I'm happy that I read to first book and therefore know what the idea was there but I should have just stopped there (and left my heart in one piece, killing Finnick was way too cruel).
 
5. If your house were burning down and all your family and pets were safe, which book would you go back in and save?
I would probably snatch the nearest bag and quickly fill it with all the books I'd have time to put there. It would include all my favourites and books that would be hard to replace (like out of print books like Hushed and The Forgotten) and signed books (most are my favourites so).
 
6. Is there one book on your shelf that brings back fond memories?
Many of them, naturally. Especially those that I read during my early teens such as Inheritance Cycle, Harry Potters and Narnia. So you could pick any one of them and it would bring back fond memories.
 
7. Find a book that has inspired you the most.
There's so many of them but I'll say Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's my favourite of the series and it inspirated me so much. In a its own way, also Escape from Hell! by Hal Duncan inspirated me the most but in a different way than HPs.
 
8. Do you have any autographed books?
Yes, I do. I have eleven signed books. Not much, mainly because I live in Finland and there's not that much signing or meet the author happenings as in the US (or the UK). I've actually only been in one, Hal Duncan's, and that was awesome. Others I've either won, got from author or like with the Finale, I got lucky when I was in London and found it on Waterstone's.

I meant to take a picture of my signed books but I forgot and most of them are on my home and not campus so I'll just list them:

Escape from Hell! by Hal Duncan (personalized)
Powerless by Tony Cooper
Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
Sweet Oblivion by Bailey Ardisone (personalized)
Sweet Escape by Bailey Ardisone (personalized)
The Beast of Callaire by Saruuh Kelsey (personalized)
The Forgotten by Saruuh Kelsey (personalized)
The Wandering by Saruuh Kelsey (personalized)
A Compilation of Side Stories by Saruuh Kelsey (personalized)
Half Bad by Sally Green
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
 
9. Find the book that you've owned the longest?
I'm not sure but probably some of my childhood books like Eragon, HPs, Narnia or some Finnish novels.
 
10. Is there a book by an author you never imagined you'd read and enjoy?
Actually, J.K. Rowling. I know it sounds so absurd but when I was young my friend was crazy about HP and she practically forced me to read Philosopher's Stone. I read it to humour her but ended up loving both J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment