5 February 2015

The Coffee Shop Book Tag

I love coffee and I love books so this is perfect tag for me. Originally created by Gio Navas on booktube (here's her tag video).
 
Iced Coffee - Your favorite horror novel.
Darn. I don't read horror. I don't like to be scared and lose my sleep, so yeah. I guess Lord of the Flies by William Golding is closest to horror novel I've read. It's dystopian more but it really scared me because it was gruesome and I had hard time reading it (not because it was bad but because the subject was kind of hard).

Hot Panino - The most frustrating sexual tension between two characters.
This one is hard because honestly, I don't know. I mean, YA doesn't really have sexual tension, NA covers it pretty quickly, same with adult novels. So it's either non-existent or right there in books I've read. Although, Katy and Daemon from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout have quite frustrating sexual tension (mostly it's frustrating because Katy can't make up her mind and she plays hot and cold so yeah).

Arnold Palmer - Your favorite collaboration.
Now that I think about it, I haven't read many collaborations. I'm going with Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. It was funny and made me laugh but there was also some serious matters, and I just really like the story.
 
(But what the hell is Arnold Palmer? I've never heard about coffee called that.)

Fizzy Juice - A book with a cool premise that fell kind of flat.
I have to say Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. The premise was so cool and I even liked some things (Warner, Kenji, the world-building) but I guess I expected more from Juliette. I expected some badassery, okay. And all I got was whining. And blah romance with Adam. So yeah, it felt kind of flat.
 
I'm still giving chance this series. Mostly because of Warner and Kenji. (And I hope Juliette will stop whining.)

Frappucino - A book you do not understand the hype about.
The Hunger Games trilogy by Susanne Collins. Okay, I kind of get it. It's great dystopian world and there's some serious aspect it deals with and it's awesome. I just don't get the hype Katniss gets. Or Katniss/Peeta ship gets. So yeah.
 
(Can we get a book from Finnick or Haymitch point of view? That would have been great. And maybe then I'd get the hype.)

Vanilla Latte - A sweet book that makes you smile.
Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. This will be released on April and let me just say, it's perfect. I have review coming on sometime in March! This just, it's so perfect, and I smiled so much my cheeks hurt.
 
 

Banana Nut Muffin - A nutty character that makes you laugh.
Simon from Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Simon is hilarious and I had so much fun reading from his point of view.

Peppermint Mocha - A bittersweet ending to a book or series.
Definitely Made of Stars by Kelley York had a bittersweet ending. I wanted to cry so much but I was kind of happy, and just so full of feelings. So yeah, it was my kind of bittersweet.

Chocolate covered nuts - A plot twist that got you.
The final plot twist in I Am the Weapon by Allen Zadoff. I can't say much about it because I don't want to spoil anyome. I sure didn't expect that end result, quite the opposite. But I was so glad Zadoff made it, for various reasons I can't say (because it would spoil you!)

Black Coffee - A book that made your soul feel just as black; a book that made you cry.
There's so many that I've hard time deciding. I'm going with Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. I cried so often during that book and not because it was sad (it wasn't) but every freaking emotion there is. I cried of joy, hurt, angry, love, sadness... Everything. The story is awesome. It's incredible.

 
 
Espresso - An intense book that kept you on your toes, or, awake.
The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I mean, how could it not? I just had to read it and pray Thomas, Newt and Minho would make it. It was so good.

Lemon Square - A sour scene that made you cringe from second hand embarrassment.
Whole Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. I really should stay away from angel books just because I want to avoid this kind of 'only good and innocent girls are worth saving and your time' shit. And all those embarrassing moments. Like really? Yes, you're innocent and virgin and reader gets it but do you need to be so damn obvious, too? I try not to rant but I just didn't like this book at all.

(I want to read good angel books because I like the aspect of it but please, can we leave the religious stuff out of it? Is there any good angel books?)

Americano - Your favorite classic.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. It has everything I hold dear: intriguing setting, well developed and multilayered characters, plot twists, romance (that's pretty much doomed), revenge, and basically everything there is in this book. It never gets old, no matter how many times I've read it.

New Flavor - An awesome book you have yet to discuss on booktube/blog.
Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Okay, I kind of cheated because I mentioned the book before in this tag but technically I haven't discussed about it because my review is not up yet. It's just so incredible! I loved the characters, storyline, and everything! I will buy physical copy of this as soon as it's available because I need to hold and hug it and place it on my favourite book shelf.

I don't tag anyone but I encourage everyone do it who wants to. (And leave a link behind, I'd love to read your picks! I just love tags.)

No comments:

Post a Comment