by Anna Banks
Published by Square Fish
Paperback (purchased)
YA, paranormal, romance
The day Emma meets Galen on the beach is the day her life changes forever. Galen is the prince of the Syrena sent to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. When Emma runs into him—literally, ouch!—their connection is immediate and powerful. Could this be the girl? After several encounters, Galen is convinced Emma is the one. But how can he convince her of her gift? And how can he make his feelings for her disappear? She's the key to his kingdom, she can't be the key to his heart.
If there's merfolk, I'm probably going to love it. Of Poseidon, oh boy, did I love it! It had so many elements that I enjoy, and most of all, I clicked with the characters right away. Emma was sassy, stubborn, funny and so damn fine. Galen was sassy, stubborn and funny, too, but he also was adorable, smart and yeah, Syrena Royal (he's a prince I can swoon for). There where so many secondary characters who I couldn't help but either love or respect. Galen's sister Rayna might have been rude and outspoken but I admired her passion and strong shelf worth, and Galen's brother Grom I just felt for so much and I need to know more about his character! Rachel and Emma's mother were quite intriguing and headstrong, and I hope the sequels have more stored for them. I basically loved everyone, okay? Especially Emma and Galen, and I ship them so much. Usually I have problems with leading females in YA books but Emma was fine character and she didn't whine about things which was so fresh and nice.
Besides awesome characters Of Poseidon had wonderful world-building. The whole Syrena mythology, laws and even the scientific aspect (like how Syrena's body differs from humans on DNA level, I loved how it was explained how they live longer than humans). It's awesome! The writing was fast-paced and I devoured the whole story in one day which is unusual for me. Of Poseidon is one of those books you can't put down until it's over, and then you yearn for more (I do, I need the sequel!)
The only downside is the fact that I guessed the big plot twist at the beginning. However, I still had emotional rollercoaster with the characters. Especially when Galen and Emma took their time forever. Although it was nice and fresh from all the fast romances, because they had the attraction but actions and big feelings didn't came with snap of fingers and it was so good.
I'm not the most eloquent even though I finished reading Of Poseidon a couple of days ago. I still feel it all and yearn for the sequel, because I need to learn more about Syrena and what happens with Emma and Galen.
Definitely and highly recommend. Go read this awesome book!
5 of 5 stars.
Of Poseidon on Goodreads.

No comments:
Post a Comment