I was tagged by lovely Azee @ UnderCover Critique, so of course I had to do this (and I do love tags!)
1. Do you have a specific place for reading?
Well, yeah. At home it's either my armchair in my room or living room couch. In campus it's my bed. When I'm at my grandparents summer house, I probably read either armchair inside or outside at the porch, depending on weather.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark definitely! I'm almost obsessed with bookmarks. I love the regular bookmarks (I don't like the magnetic ones because it harms the pages of books) and I get them when ever I can. I love swag, period, and I've gotten some swag from authors, including those beautiful and amazing bookmarks and I love them so much. I also got some bookmarks from local library and have purchased some.
(photo by me)
There's some of my bookmarks, mostly from lovely authors who have kindly send me some. I love swag! I've lots of other bookmarks too, mostly given by local library or got with book order.
3. Can you just stop anywhere in a book or do you have to finish a chapter?
I need to finish a chapter, even if I know there's probably going to be a cliffhanger (depending on author). I can't stop just anywhere because it would feel like cheating (and for me chapters are their own entity, well, kinda).
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Never. I'm either too focused on the story or afraid to mess the book (well, I always fear that). I don't want to harm a book any ways and I might be good at multitasking but reading and eating/drinking, well, I just can't do both.
5. Music or TV when reading?
Nope. I need to concentrate because I'm easily distracted (well, if the book is really good then I won't hear anything, my family claims I'm blind and deaf when I'm reading). And anyway, when I read I want to give my whole attention to the story, so I won't listen to music or watch TV at the same time.
6. One book at a time or several?
One book at a time is idealistic situation but usually I'm reading two to three books at a time. Usually one physical copy and one ebook (and usually the other is review copy).
I talked about this topic more here.
One book at a time is idealistic situation but usually I'm reading two to three books at a time. Usually one physical copy and one ebook (and usually the other is review copy).
I talked about this topic more here.
7. Reading at home or elsewhere?
I'm so self-consious that I can only read at home. Well, I don't read in public (I use library only for borrowing books, I can't read or study there) but at relatives houses or places like that, sure. Most comfortable place for reading for me is at home, in my own room (or living room couch if anyone else isn't at home), or my bed in my campus room.
8. Read out loud or silently?
Silently. Sometimes I read some really great or emotional bits aloud but I read them first silently and then a bit aloud. That's quite rare for me, though.
Silently. Sometimes I read some really great or emotional bits aloud but I read them first silently and then a bit aloud. That's quite rare for me, though.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I don't skip pages but sometimes I read dialogue ahead and skip everything between. I always go back though so I don't really skip anything.
I don't skip pages but sometimes I read dialogue ahead and skip everything between. I always go back though so I don't really skip anything.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Never breaking the spine if I can help it. I love the flappy paperbacks because the spine won't break! The mass market paperbacks and UK standard paperbacks have a spine that breaks quite easily but I'm really careful.
Never breaking the spine if I can help it. I love the flappy paperbacks because the spine won't break! The mass market paperbacks and UK standard paperbacks have a spine that breaks quite easily but I'm really careful.
11. Do you write in your books?
Never! If I want to mark something, I use tiny crib sheets. I count writing in books as harming them and I'd never harm a book.
For the record, author or cast etc. signing the book doesn't count, as don't author personalizing a book.
(photo by me)
Never! If I want to mark something, I use tiny crib sheets. I count writing in books as harming them and I'd never harm a book.
For the record, author or cast etc. signing the book doesn't count, as don't author personalizing a book.
(photo by me)
12. Who are you tagging?
Everyone who reads this and has even a tiny flicker of want to do this. It's fun, so you should!
Everyone who reads this and has even a tiny flicker of want to do this. It's fun, so you should!

Great answers! I will do this one later this week. I tagged you in a meme you can find HERE (if you have time to do it).
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Michelle @ Michelle's Minions
Thank you for tagging me, Michelle! I wish you a great week, too :)
Delete