9 July 2017

Review: Tied to Trouble by Megan Erickson

Tied to Trouble (Gamers, #3)
by Megan Erickson
Published by Entangled Brazen
ebook (purchased)
Adult, LGTB, contemporary romance

Between love and hate, there's a whole lot of trouble…
Chad Lake only showed up at his sister's party for the free food, but when he spots an uptight nerd at the edge of the crowd, he can't resist trying to ruffle the guy's perfect bow tie and impeccable hair. The hottie's ready for him, though, and in the end, it's Chad who's left wide-eyed, his ears still ringing with the filthy things Bow Tie whispered in his ear. No one gets the upper hand on Chad. Ever.
Owen Hawkins has heard all about the cocky Adonis from Chad's sister—the same sister who holds Owen's career advancement in her hands. He has every intention of steering clear of the other man…until Chad's sexy taunts push him too far. There's something intriguing about Chad, and even though Owen knows that getting tangled up with the infuriating man is trouble, he can't seem to stay away…
**This is part of an M/F series but can be read as standalone**

Tied to Trouble surely had great banter and snarky comments between the main characters Chad and Owen. I'm a huge fan of banter, so it's no surprise I really enjoyed that aspect of the story. Chad was also charming and funny, even if he was the type of person who had refused to grow up of society's terms by the time he was thirty. Owen was Chad's opposite in a way that he's mature and responsible in every possible way. It shouldn't work, but they had sizzling chemistry, which was a page turner. And somehow, Erickson managed to make bow ties sexy and irresistible, and it's one of the highlights of Tied to Trouble. Chad, and the budding relationship between him and Owen were the best thing and if it had been just that, I would have rated the book higher than three stars. However, there was this thing that made me a bit annoyed about the story.

The one thing that made me pretty disinterest and almost had me skipping pages, was the subplot about Chad's sister Marley being proposed by her boyfriend Austin. I haven't read their previous story, and I was unable to connect with either of them because Austin was controlling and didn't show redeeming qualities and Marley was a bit too overbearing and bossy. Their subplot took about a quarter of the story line, which I felt could have been used to deepen Chad and Owen's relationship or they as individual characters. Especially since there was this quite cliche (and bit annoying) dramatic moment that changed their relationship and led to a bad argument that just caused drama.

If you're looking for a light read that's relatively low on angst but full of steamy scenes and hot nerds, then Tied to Trouble might be good choice for you. However, I have to say that other M/M books from Erickson are way better especially plot wise (I recommend the Cyberlove and In Focus series).

3 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment