8 July 2017

ARC Review: Oversight by Santino Hassell

Oversight (The Community, #2)
by Santino Hassell
Published by Riptide Publishing
eARC
LGBT, romantic suspense, paranormal

Spoiler Alert! The following blurb contains spoilers for Insight, book one of The Community.
Holden Payne has it all . . . or so he thinks. As heir to the founder of the Community—an organization that finds, protects, and manages psychics—he’s rich, powerful, and treated like royalty. But after a series of disappearances and murders rock the Community, he’s branded the fall guy for the scandal and saddled with a babysitter.
Sixtus Rossi is a broad-shouldered, tattooed lumbersexual with a man-bun and a steely gaze. He’s also an Invulnerable—supposedly impervious to both psychic abilities and Holden’s charms. It’s a claim Holden takes as a challenge. Especially if sleeping with Six may help him learn whether the Community had more to do with the disappearances than they claimed.
As Holden uncovers the truth, he also finds himself getting in deep with the man sent to watch him. His plan to seduce Six for information leads to a connection so intense that some of Six’s shields come crashing down. And with that comes a frightening realization: Holden has to either stand by the Community that has given him everything, or abandon his old life to protect the people he loves.

Oversight was a good follow up for Insight as it let us get into Holden's head, introduced Six, and delved deeper into the Community and its secrets. What's even perfect was that I got my wish when Nate and Trent made an appearance and oh boy, did I love it!

I liked Holden in previous book and now I fell in love. He's idealistic and he believes to all the good in the Community and he genuinely wants to help his fellow psychics. Basically, he's adorable and his biggest fault was to be a bit naive. Besides the old characters from previous book, Oversight introduced Six, who was a mystery in so many ways that figuring him out was intriguing and fun. The chemistry and steamy romance between Holden and Six was definitely classic Santino Hassell, and I really loved it. It was full of suspense and doubt, but also magnetic bull and secrets that changed everything.

The only negative thing I have to say about Oversight is that there were a few moments when it felt a little bit rushed off. I felt like some scenes needed a little bit more page time (and honestly, I wouldn't have minded if I'd get fifty more pages of Holden and Six). Otherwise the book was perfect mix of suspense, romance and paranormal.

I just can't get enough of this world! Paranormal is not my go-to genre but this series is addicting and definitely a very good paranormal. I do recommend this for anyone who likes paranormal, suspense, romance and mysteries - or even if you're not biggest fan of paranormal, this would still be a really good read. Although, in order to read this, Insight has to be read first to avoid spoilers and to know what's going on.

5 of 5 stars

Add on Goodreads

(A copy of this ebook was provided in return for an honest review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment