2 January 2017

Bookish Goals for 2017

Last year was the first time than I posted about my bookish goals for the new year, and I liked the idea a lot (even if I didn't manage to meet all my goals) so I thought to do it again this year.

First of all, I want to read at least 60 books.
I had the same goal last year and I managed to meet it by reading 61 books in 2016. I'd love to be ambitious and set the goal for 70 books but I know now how I tend to read less when the university gets busy. So I set the Goodreads Reading Challenge for 60 books, just like last year.

I also want to read more classics.
Yes, this is too a repeat from last year's goals but that's because I only managed to read few Penguin Little Black Classics. There's still a lot I want to read, and I'll try to read Jane Eyre, Fahrenheit 451, The Iliad, and more Jane Austen. Those would be a good way to start if I manage to read all of them.

For this blog, I'll try to be more active and learn to schedule posts better.
Especially when university and life overall gets busy, then there might be months when I'm really inactive here. I should learn to schedule posts so that I could have at least something in the weeks when I simply don't have time to devote for the blog.

My next goal is to go YALC in July, which is held in London.
Last summer was the very first time I attended to YALC in London, and I fell in love. Three days of books, authors, fellow bloggers and booknerds. It was one of the highlights of the last year. So this year I'm going again, and even bringing a friend!

Lastly, I want to re-read old favourites.
Like I said last year,: I'm bad at re-reading. It's because I feel bad of re-reading when I have a pile of unread books. Again, I failed at this last year as I only re-read one and half books. This year I hope to finish re-reading Wuthering Heights, and then other possibilities on my re-read list which are: The Song of Achilles, original Percy Jackson series, first five Harry Potter books, Captive Prince trilogy, and Vicious.

That's all of my bookish goals for 2017. Do you have any bookish goals for the next year?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy re-reading a favourite book...it's comforting and cozy and makes you feel happy and fuzzy! But my tbr is way too big right now! The only re-reads will be part of any series catchups I'm doing where I need to refresh my memory on what happened!

    ReplyDelete