Fast Connection (Cyberlove, #2)by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell
Published by Megtino Press
Ebook (received from authors, thank you!)
Adult, LGBT, contemporary, romance
After a decade of serving in the Army, everyone still expects me to be Dominic 'Nicky' Costigan—the skirt-chasing player. They don't know I've been spending my days trying to figure out my post-military life. Including how to pick up guys.
When I meet Luke on a hookup app, he makes it clear it's for one-night only. That's fine with me, because I'm down to see what this silver fox can do. But after I arrive at his doorstep, it doesn't take long to realize we have serious chemistry, and we end up meeting again.
He's got more walls around his heart than a military base, but I think he's as addicted to me as I am to him. He can't resist me for long. I mean, who can? Except Luke's rules exist for a reason, and when I test his limits, things get complicated. Maybe too complicated.
After Strong Signal and how it was everything I've ever wished a M/M romance to be, I wouldn't have missed Fast Connection by any chance. It happened that this one even exceeded my expectations - which were incredible high to begin with - and became my favourite of the series. And yes, made sure that there won't be a day when I miss out a new Megtino story.
Fast Connection had it all; great, intriguing characters, romance with steam and more importantly, chemistry, as well as real life struggles, and the main characters families were heavily involved in the story which was absolutely great. It mixed the romance and the family life perfectly together, and acknowledged that sometimes people have to do sacrifices for their families. Often romances focuses a bit too heavily only on the main romantic couple, but I'm delighted to say that this deals with the families equal amount to the romance itself.
And seriously, Dominic stole my heart. Through Garrett's eyes in Strong Signal he seemed cocky and really self-assured, but I loved how this story brought up that Dominic wanted change and that he was scared for his future after the army and how he worried for his family. He's a sweetheart, and I loved him and kept rooting for him like no other. For Luke I warmed up a little slower but I think that's the point as Luke was wary and seemed a bit cold after he first hooked up with Dominic. Still, Luke was a good guy who just had been burned before, and he more than made up any coldness when the story evolved. And hey, I like grumpy guys like Luke. I loved Dominic and Luke together, and gods did they have chemistry!
Utter perfection, that's what Fast Connection was for me. Stunning, brilliant, and definitely one of my favourite books, and on top of my all time favourite M/M romances. I absolutely recommend this to everyone!
5 of 5 stars.
Fast Connection had it all; great, intriguing characters, romance with steam and more importantly, chemistry, as well as real life struggles, and the main characters families were heavily involved in the story which was absolutely great. It mixed the romance and the family life perfectly together, and acknowledged that sometimes people have to do sacrifices for their families. Often romances focuses a bit too heavily only on the main romantic couple, but I'm delighted to say that this deals with the families equal amount to the romance itself.
And seriously, Dominic stole my heart. Through Garrett's eyes in Strong Signal he seemed cocky and really self-assured, but I loved how this story brought up that Dominic wanted change and that he was scared for his future after the army and how he worried for his family. He's a sweetheart, and I loved him and kept rooting for him like no other. For Luke I warmed up a little slower but I think that's the point as Luke was wary and seemed a bit cold after he first hooked up with Dominic. Still, Luke was a good guy who just had been burned before, and he more than made up any coldness when the story evolved. And hey, I like grumpy guys like Luke. I loved Dominic and Luke together, and gods did they have chemistry!
Utter perfection, that's what Fast Connection was for me. Stunning, brilliant, and definitely one of my favourite books, and on top of my all time favourite M/M romances. I absolutely recommend this to everyone!
5 of 5 stars.
Add on Goodreads.
Thank you, Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell, for giving me a chance to read and review Fast Connection!
(A copy of this ebook was provided in return for an honest review.)
No comments:
Post a Comment