27 December 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I Read In 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!

I'm listing the top ten books I read in 2016 so that means there's books included in this list that have been published before 2016. In no particular order:

Strong Signal & Fast Connection by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell
I'm sure the Megtino Dream Team is perfection, and I need more of the Cyberlove series. These first two instalments were pure perfection and I fell in love. Certainly the top of M/M romance genre.


 Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
This includes The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena & The House of Hades, all of which I read this year. I adore the brilliant Percy Jackson books, and these certainly didn't disappoint. Even if few things continue to break my fragile heart.


 Captive Prince trilogy by C.S. Pacat
Okay, I admit that the first book, Captive Prince, had a potential to be a bit hit or miss with me. But the sequels, Prince's Cambit & Kings Rising, blew my mind and I fell so hard. And now I can't help but love the whole trilogy.


Half Lost by Sally Green
My ship sailed so gloriously, and I loved every brilliant moment, even if this final book shattered my heart.

Winter by Marissa Meyer
I didn't think I could read 800 pages in a short few days, but Winter captivated me. Especially Scarlet and Wolf continued to amaze me. This finale was one of the best I've ever read.

Vicious by V.E. Schwab
I finally read a Schwab books. Okay, I read three this year but Vicious was first and the one that was so brilliant and clever that it blew my mind. Definitely one of the best books I've ever read, and one of my new favourites.

A Hundred Thousand Words by Nyrae Dawn
I spend the last few months binge reading M/M romance, and this one was one of the best I read. It was so full of feelings and it was such a perfection because it wasn't cliché at all.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
I read the screenplay before going to see the movie, and I loved both. Absolutely fantastic! Whilst The Cursed Child was a bit disappointment in some degree (but not the Malfoys, they were brilliant), this screenplay was so good, and I need so much more of this universe.


Trailer Trash by Marie Sexton
This is one of the unappreciated crown jewels of coming of age/coming out books. So brilliant and so atmospheric as it's set in 1980s.

 Focus on Me & Out of Frame by Megan Erickson
These are standalones in the same series, In Focus, and I loved both despite how different they were. Focus on Me has some dark and difficult themes while Out of Frame is a bit more light-hearted but both are fantastic in their own right.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Heroes of Olympus books, hope you enjoy the last one!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/27/top-ten-tuesday-89/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, many of the books you've listed sound really good. Happy reading to you in 2017!!

    Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-of.html

    ReplyDelete