Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, Original Screenplay
Published by Little, Brown Book Group
Hardcover (purchased)
Screenplay, fantasy
J.K. Rowling's screenwriting debut is captured in this exciting hardcover edition of the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay.
When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone…
First of all, the illustrations are gorgeous! The hardback is the most gorgeous book of this year, and I'm sure it's the most beautiful hardcover I own.
The story itself is brilliant. The plot is fast paced and the characters are diverse and so relatable; my favourites being ever so adorable Newt, cute Jacob who's my favourite muggle, poor Credence (who needs all the hugs), and charming and mysterious Percival Graves. Not even mentioning all the incredible beasts - I now need my very own Niffler, because he was probably the most adorable thing ever.
I won't go on any detail of the plot itself because I don't want to spoil anyone. There were a few surprises that were so good (even if I guessed the biggest one halfway through, but it was still a very good twist), and overall I liked all of the elements of the story. There could have been a little bit more about the beasts itself but that's because I can't get enough of them.
I saw the movie after reading the screenplay, and I must say that the actors and everyone else did justice to the script because it was incredible. I'm very pleased that there's going to be a lot more movies in this universe/time, because there are so many things that need to be explored!
Shortly, it was brilliant all the way. I highly recommend this to all Potter fans - and even those who aren't fans already, because I think this could be a good introduction to the world.
5 of 5 stars.

i think redmayne is a great actor too! book aside, the acting is great
ReplyDeleteGreat review! I didn't enjoy the movie as much as I thought but I still want to read the screenplay :) Maybe I missed things x
ReplyDeleteellesbellesbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk | Ellie