Percy Jackson and the Greek Heroesby Rick Riordan
Published by Puffin Books
Paperback (purchased)
YA, fantasy, mythology
In this gripping follow-up to Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods, demigod Percy Jackson tells the stories of twelve of the original Greek heroes in all their gory, bloodthirsty glory.
Want to know who cut off Medusa's head? Which hero was raised by a she-bear? Who tamed Pegasus, the winged horse? Percy has all the answers...
Once again Riordan delivers Percy's snarky narrator and the best chapter titles ever invented. I can't get enough of these companion books - I really want a book about Minor Gods narrated by Percy!
This is as hilarious, funny, and tragic as the Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods. There's twelve different, the most notorious heroes of the Ancient Greek. I pride myself of knowing a lot of Ancient history, but there were a few heroes I hadn't really heard of before. The more known tales of Hercules and Jason got their own spin with Percy's witty narrate.
I highly recommend this to any fan of Percy Jackson, as it's everything a great Riordan book is supposed to be.
5 of 5 stars
No comments:
Post a Comment