What's greater way to start new month than taking a look at previous one?
April was a good month as I was finally able to relax and not stress over school, papers and exams. Also the fact that I spend a week in London (please please I want to go back so badly, I'm in love with that city) and enjoyed my time there with friends. However, I wrote only a few reviews, read a couple of books and spend way too much time in a reading slump. I think it's partly because all the stress I felt for months and when I suddenly had nothing I had to do, I couldn't get myself to do anything (well, other than wait for my trip to London). The reading slump was all Half Wild's fault. I mean, after that how can anyone read anything else than the next book in series which won't be published until next year. It took a week in London and not reading anything to get me out of my slump and then it was May.
I did one fun tag: I mustache you some questions. I also did a post about quotes beginning of books, and you can read it here.
I saved up money for London and went a little wild there. I purchased eight new books and let me tell you, I did restrain myself as I wanted to buy twenty books. Waterstones Piccadilly is my favourite, Foyles has amazing selection and Hatchards has all the feels (it's also oldest bookshop in London, I have to respect that!) I highly recommend to visit them if you ever get a chance to go in London. Forbidden Planet has a wide selection too, and I yearned for all the Supernatural books they had.
April's reviews:
Half Lies by Sally Green (4 stars)
I Heart Robot by Suzanne van Rooyen (4 stars)
Shadow Scars by Zoe Perdita (4 stars)
While March wasn't good month for me reading vice as the school took my time, April wasn't good for other reasons as I was done with school. I started strongly, I read Half Lies, Cinder and Half Wild but after finishing the last one, I hit a reading slump Half Wild was so mind-blowing I just couldn't pick up any other book. Then I spend a week in London and naturally I didn't have any time to read as I walked around the most amazing city I've ever visited, toured museums and drooled books in Waterstones, Foyles and Hatchards.
In May I'm truly hoping to read a lot. I've had a good start as I've already read two books in three days. I hope to dive into some review copies that have been sitting there way too long and read some more of the books I purchased in London and during March.
Hugs,
Henna
No comments:
Post a Comment