5 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Will Probably Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!

1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I loved Divergent. Insurgent was fine, although Tris annoyed me a lot (I mean, her decisions were ridicilous at times and yeah, she irritated me). When Allegiant was published, I was over all the hype that surrounded the series and now I just don't see myself to pick the book up even though I own it. I also got spoiled and I don't really see a point of reading it when the only reason why I'd do it would be Tobias.
 
2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (or anything else by her)
Everyone and their dogs seem to love her books. But I can't get over the plagiarizing scandal that surrounded her while she still wrote fanfics. I won't support someone who was accused of severe plagiarism. Sorry but not sorry. (Also what I've heard about her books, I don't think I'd enjoy them.)

3. & 4. Hades & Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto
I actually read Halo and it was one of those that made me cringe as it was so goody-goody and pro-religion and all it made me feel was a bad person because I wasn't as pure and good as the main character. So yeah. Not going to read rest of the series.

5. & 6. Sweet Peril & Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins
Much like with Halo, I couldn't stand the preaching or how the book made feel like you have to be good and pure to be worthy of anything. When I pick up a book, I want to read a story - not a preach about good and bad and religion. So yeah, I'm not going to continue with this trilogy.

(Mostly these, Halo and Sweet Evil, made me vary of any angel books because they tend to be more preachy and religious. I want to read about angels, about mythology surrounding them without being choked to preach about God and goodness and purity. I'm sorry about being this frank and I have no intention to judge anyone who likes these books or what they represent. I just personally don't like books like them.)

7. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
My friends have told me enough. I actually listened the audiobook for about ten minutes, after that I had to stop because I just couldn't. The writing is terrible, characters are just Bella and Edward with a name change, and the whole message of the book is terrible. And really, if anyone uses 'my inner goddess' in a book, I cringe and run away.

8. & 9. Pandemonium & Requiem by Lauren Oliver
I liked Delirium, actually purchased Pandemonium, and then I heard what happens. I really don't want to read about another love triangle with a girl who can't decide. I rather leave it where Delirium left.

5 comments:

  1. Allegiant was awful! I wish I hadn't read it. Tobias whines like a baby the whole time, anyway (and he's very jealous). Just make up your own ending. Interesting list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s good to know that I’m not the only person who isn’t a massive fan of Veronica Roth or Cassandra Clare. I was underwhelmed by their books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 50 Shades Trilogy also made my list this week too!! Here's a link to my TTT for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually don't like angel books for a different reason. The angels are whiny superheroes with wings (not like the terrifying angels in the Bible or mythology). And I agree with the rest of these, though I actually liked a lot of things about Allegiant.
    Here's mine: http://rlhendrian.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will-never.html

    ReplyDelete