"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's cannot-wait book is:
Riders by Veronica Rossi!
Recovering from the accident that most definitely killed him, Gideon finds himself with strange new powers and a bizarre cuff he can’t remove. His death has brought to life his real destiny. He has become War, one of the legendary four horsemen of the apocalypse.
Over the coming weeks, he and the other horsemen—Conquest, Famine and Death—are brought together by a beautiful but frustratingly secretive girl to help save humanity from an ancient evil on the emergence.
They fail.
Now—bound, bloodied, and drugged—Gideon is interrogated by the authorities about his role in a battle that has become an international incident. If he stands any chance of saving his friends and the girl he’s fallen for—not to mention all of humankind—he needs to convince the skeptical government officials the world is in imminent danger.
But will anyone believe him?
Why wouldn't I be waiting for this one anxiously? I mean, Rossi is the author of my favourite dystopian trilogy (Under the Never Sky) and secondly, this book is about Four Horseman. It can't be anything but pure awesomeness! February 2016 can't be soon enough!
I haven't done this feature for a long time, not since January I guess. Now on I'll try to schedule one for every Wednesday.
by Veronica Rossi
Published by Tor Teen
Expected publication: February 2nd 2016
For eighteen-year-old Gideon Blake, nothing but death can keep him from achieving his goal of becoming a U.S. Army Ranger. As it turns out, it does.
Recovering from the accident that most definitely killed him, Gideon finds himself with strange new powers and a bizarre cuff he can’t remove. His death has brought to life his real destiny. He has become War, one of the legendary four horsemen of the apocalypse.
Over the coming weeks, he and the other horsemen—Conquest, Famine and Death—are brought together by a beautiful but frustratingly secretive girl to help save humanity from an ancient evil on the emergence.
They fail.
Now—bound, bloodied, and drugged—Gideon is interrogated by the authorities about his role in a battle that has become an international incident. If he stands any chance of saving his friends and the girl he’s fallen for—not to mention all of humankind—he needs to convince the skeptical government officials the world is in imminent danger.
But will anyone believe him?
Why wouldn't I be waiting for this one anxiously? I mean, Rossi is the author of my favourite dystopian trilogy (Under the Never Sky) and secondly, this book is about Four Horseman. It can't be anything but pure awesomeness! February 2016 can't be soon enough!
I haven't done this feature for a long time, not since January I guess. Now on I'll try to schedule one for every Wednesday.

I hadn't heard about this one before, so thanks! Definitely going to add this to my TBR list :)
ReplyDeleteOkay this sounds really good. I totally love the idea of four horsemen trying to save humanity, plus it's Veronica Rossi. Great pick.
ReplyDeleteGrace @ Books of Love
Wow, this sounds awesome! Here's my WoW
ReplyDeleteYes! Excellent choice (it's mine today, too!)!! I got so excited when I first saw this the other day. I admit to screaming and dancing. I love Veronica Rossi and I can't wait get my hands on this!!
ReplyDeleteMichelle @ Michelle's Minions
My WoW
Saw this on someone else's WoW too. Totally just added this to my TBR list, this one sounds great!
ReplyDeleteI chose Off the Page by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer.
Check out My WoW!
Joana
This one sounds really good! I haven't read anything by this author yet but I'll definitely be picking this one up when it's released :D
ReplyDeleteSo excited for this book! I hope you enjoy!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my WoW - Under the Lights!