Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by two different hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read! This meme is here for bloggers to gain new blogger friends and followers.
This weeks topic:
Do you own any doubles of your books? What led to getting that second...or third or fourth...copy?
I do own multiple copies of some of my books. For instance, I have three copies of The Maze Runner by James Dashner: the original US paperback, the US movie tie-in and the signed limited edition hardback. Then I have two copies of Half Bad by Sally Green (original UK paperback and exclusive, signed hardback), and Insurgent by Veronica Roth (original UK paperback and the hardback Collector's edition). I also have two copies of Escape From Hell! by Hal Duncan and third coming in the mail (I have two paperbacks in Finnish, other one is signed, and the third will be in English). I do have two sets of Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan since I have the whole series both in Finnish and English. Oh, I almost forgot! I have three copies of Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë: in Finnish, the classic line edition (it's gorgeous!) and one printed in 1947. I'm pretty sure I will buy other copies of it because it's my favourite classic (and as history freak, I yearn to find and own old copies of Wuthering Heights).
So, I'm not against getting multiple copies within reason. Mostly I either get some signed or limited edition along the original, or in case of Escape From Hell!, I got my original one signed and I just had to get other copy that I can take with me if I travel - and I have been hunting the English version of it for years and now I finally found it, and I'm so excited to get it!
I'd like to get other copies of Harry Potter in English (I only own the Finnish versions) but I can't to decide what covers I want. I don't like the new ones and I want the original UK covers but they're hard to get so I haven't (yet).
Oh, and I'd love to had other copy of Hushed by Kelley York but it's out of print and they're not printing it more. Sadly, the sellers of used ones asks ridicilous price. Maybe one day I will find another copy of it (it's my favourite book!)
Do you own any doubles of your books? What led to getting that second...or third or fourth...copy?
I do own multiple copies of some of my books. For instance, I have three copies of The Maze Runner by James Dashner: the original US paperback, the US movie tie-in and the signed limited edition hardback. Then I have two copies of Half Bad by Sally Green (original UK paperback and exclusive, signed hardback), and Insurgent by Veronica Roth (original UK paperback and the hardback Collector's edition). I also have two copies of Escape From Hell! by Hal Duncan and third coming in the mail (I have two paperbacks in Finnish, other one is signed, and the third will be in English). I do have two sets of Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan since I have the whole series both in Finnish and English. Oh, I almost forgot! I have three copies of Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë: in Finnish, the classic line edition (it's gorgeous!) and one printed in 1947. I'm pretty sure I will buy other copies of it because it's my favourite classic (and as history freak, I yearn to find and own old copies of Wuthering Heights).
So, I'm not against getting multiple copies within reason. Mostly I either get some signed or limited edition along the original, or in case of Escape From Hell!, I got my original one signed and I just had to get other copy that I can take with me if I travel - and I have been hunting the English version of it for years and now I finally found it, and I'm so excited to get it!
I'd like to get other copies of Harry Potter in English (I only own the Finnish versions) but I can't to decide what covers I want. I don't like the new ones and I want the original UK covers but they're hard to get so I haven't (yet).
Oh, and I'd love to had other copy of Hushed by Kelley York but it's out of print and they're not printing it more. Sadly, the sellers of used ones asks ridicilous price. Maybe one day I will find another copy of it (it's my favourite book!)



I totally know what you mean about the Harry Potter covers....there are way too many gorgeous covers to choose from. I bought the Jonny Duddle illustrated covers because I loved them but there is so many more that I love.
ReplyDeleteNew Follower :)
My FF
I plan on getting extra Harry Potter copies as well, preferably US first editions, and UK first editions if I can find it.
ReplyDeleteNew bloglovin' follower :)
Here's My Follow Friday
Hi there!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Girl, I do understand why you want to have a Harry Potter Collection in the English version. Mine is in the Albanian Version, but I want to buy another one in English. Reading a translated book is not like reading the original.
Wait a second..... You like legends and mythology too? OH MY GOD!!! I finally met someone like me!!! I will definitely follow your blog. I love legends and mythology; I live for them, Haha!!!
Awesome books to have doubles of! There's a Harry Potter set I'd like to have. It's paperback and when the spines are together they show a picture of Hogwarts! Would be so pretty on my shelves :)
ReplyDeleteNew Bloglovin follower
I'm gutted I didn't get a copy of Hushed before it was out of print too! Do you think if we pleaded with Kelley York we could get her to release 2 copies??! LOL!
ReplyDeleteOld Follower.
Kirsty xx
https://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/feature-and-follow-friday-hop-hop-hop/
I so know what you mean, I'd like to have a few of the collector's editions of books or a British set of the Harry Potter series, and some of the books that I have are a few doubles because they were originally ARC's I'd received for review and bought a finished copy of or they were gifted to me or the thing I'm a stickler for is having my books match and if there's a cover change then I need to get them . :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a new follower enjoying all of your interesting doubles. :)
Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
Suz @ A Soul Unsung