Mythothon is a month long readathon that will run from 1st to the 30th November in everyone's own timezone and it is hosted by Foxes and Fairytales. Head over there to find out more about the readathon and to sign up, if you're planning to join.
Anything goes - books, novellas, graphic novels, audiobooks etc.
To live up the name of the readathon, there are prompts in Ancient Greek style, which everyone can tackle how they want. I'll include both the graphic and the lay down of the prompts before going through my partial TBR. There are few books I'm sure I'll read, and everything else will be decided by my ever changing mood during the month. So I'm not sure which prompts I will do - we'll find it at the end of November!
Prompts
Hera, Queen of the Gods, Goddess of Marriage, Mothers and Families - Read a book about royalty.
Hebe, Goddess of Eternal Youth - Read a Middle Grade or Young Adult book.
Poseidon, God of the Sea - Read a book which features the sea - mermaids, pirates, surfers etc.
Hermes, God of Travellers and Thieves - Read a book set in a country not your own.
Aphrodite, Goddess of Love and Beauty - Read a book with a beautiful cover.
The Hydra, Multiheaded Serpent - Read a book with more than one POV.
Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow - Read a book with your favourite colour on the cover or in the title.
Ancient Greece - Read a book set in the past.
Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth - Read the first book in a series.
Dionysus, God of Wine - Celebrate this year by reading a 2018 release.
Achilles and Patroclus - Read a book with an LGBT+ protagonist.
Free Choice.
Homer - Read a retelling.
Hephaestus, God of Fire and Smiths - Read a book with a disable character.
Ares, God of War - Read a book with a compelling antagonist or a written from the villain's POV.
Echidna, Mother of Monsters - Read a book about monsters - dragons, zombies, serial killers, etc.
Herakles - Read a popular book.
Gaia, Primordial Earth Goddess - Read a book which was published at least 5 years ago.
Artemis, Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt - Read a book with an animal on the cover or in the title.
Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, Strategy and Crafts - Read a book that's not the first in the series.
Persephone, Goddess of the Underworld and Springtime - Read a book which is less than 200 pages.
Apollo, God of Prophesy, Plague and Poetry - Read a collection of poetry or short stories.
Hades, God of the Underworld and Riches - Read a book which you got for free.
Demeter, Goddess of Agriculture - Read a book with a nature world in the title (e.g. leaf, wind, flower)
My partial TBR
I haven't really decided the prompts as I can fit most of the TBR to at least two prompts. However, as soon as I saw Achilles and Patroclus as a prompt, I knew I was going to reread The Song of Achilles and use it for that prompt - how could I not? I've also pre-ordered Stephen Fry's Heroes, which I'll likely read and use for Homer prompt, because that's poetic if anything.
If you're joining the readathon, let me know, I'd love to check out your TBR post!


Good luck! I'm also joining this readathon and I'm so excited! Happy readings! ;)
ReplyDeleteTânia @MyLovelySecret