21 October 2018

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Wrap Up

Here's my TBR post for the readathon, just if you want to see how much I didn't read and how I deviated from the TBR I set for myself.

I knew it was going to be difficult and I wasn't going to get much reading done; I worked first three hours of the readathon on Saturday and the last few hours on Sunday. Naturally I needed proper sleep and I didn't prepare food and snacks, so cooking took time. I also picked up wrong book; S.T.A.G.S. was not a fast paced read. Still, I read 317 pages and finished one book - I surpassed my goal of three hundred pages. Overall, I'm satisfied with how I did.

To recap, I read 290 pages of S.T.A.G.S. and 27 pages of The Way of Shadows;


Closing Survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
No hour was more daunting than another. I think it was because I had work both on Saturday and Sunday so I missed both the beginning and end, which are usually most daunting for me. This time I just read when I had time, be it lunch at work or at home afterwards.

2. Tell us ALLLL the books you read!
Short list this time; I read S.T.A.G.S. from beginning to end and 27 pages from The Way of Shadows, which I was middle of before the readathon.

3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
Anything fast paced, I usually like middle grade and mysteries/thrillers that keep me turning page after page. Riordan is always a good choice, and recently I devoured The Last Chance Hotel by Nicki Thornton - it would have been a perfect book for a readathon!

4. What's a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you happy?
Just keep doing the amazing work you guys do - the readathon twitter and hashtag is always full of encouraging and nice people!

5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-tho again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?
I'll definitely participate again - I even checked and next one is during my Easter break so university won't be a problem then. If I have time, I'd love to volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment