This tag is a tradition of mine, as I've done it every year since I started this blog.
I'm currently ten books ahead on my Goodreads challenge, which is set in 60 books, but I'm likely to raise that to 70 books soon. Just give myself a bit of a challenge, since I'm so far ahead.
I'm currently ten books ahead on my Goodreads challenge, which is set in 60 books, but I'm likely to raise that to 70 books soon. Just give myself a bit of a challenge, since I'm so far ahead.
1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2018
2. Best Sequel You've Read so Far in 2018
3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet but Want To
The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan, definitely. It game out last month and I intend to read it before the end of the summer.
4. Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half of the Year
Vengeful by V.E. Schwab because I've been waiting for a sequel to Vicious for years, and Schwab's The Steel Prince, because anything tied to Shades of Magic trilogy is a must read for me.
5. Biggest Disappointment
I've only given one two star rating, but that's not actually the biggest disappointment because I didn't have expectations for that book. The Traitor by Allen Zadoff takes that prize, because I expected a lot better than it turned out to be, so even if I gave it a three stars, it was the biggest disappointment so far.
6. Biggest Surprise
Where Death Meets the Devil by L.J. Hayward, because I went in expecting action and romance, and I got so much more. There's plenty of action and some romance, but it was so much more. Definitely a great spy/assassin espionage, and I haven't quite read anything like it. Surprised me in such a positive way.
7. Favorite New Author (Debut To You)
I've only read a few new authors, because it seems I've been unintentionally been focusing on the old acquaintances. How Saeter Robbed the Underwold by Meredith Katz was first I've ever read from Katz and it was such a stunning story that I'll definitely check out what Katz comes up next.
8. Newest Fictional Crush
I don't really have one. I've read plenty of great books with intriguing characters in the past six months, but no one really qualifies as fictional crush. My fictional crushes so far this year has been from TV shows (Captain Hook from Once Upon A Time and Captain Flint from Black Sails. Yes, I've been watching a lot of TV shows with pirates lately. They never get old for me.)
9. Newest Favorite Character
10. Book That Made You Cry
Actually, nothing. I don't remember any book making me cry so far this year.
11. Book That Made You Happy
Ever After by Riley Hart & Christina Lee. It's such adorable and cute gay fairy tale romance, and it made me so happy while reading it.
12. Favorite Book To Film Adaptation
Sadly, I haven't read any books that have been adapted as a film this year.
13. Favorite Review You've Written This Year
I liked writing Where Death Meets the Devil review.
14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought This Year So Far
As usual, I just can't pick one, so here's three gorgeous covers of books I've bought so far in 2018.
15. What Book(s) Do You Need To Read by The End of The Year
My TBR is gigantic and I'm so bad at actually sticking to any reading orders (I'm such a mood reader!), there's still a few books I'd like to read before the end of the year.














I have had trouble with A Darker Shade of Magic. Does the series get better as it goes on?
ReplyDeleteKrystianna @ Downright Dystopian
It definitely does, personally I think Gathering of Shadows was better than the first and A Conjuring of Light is my favourite.
Delete