I'm really late with this as it's almost two months into 2018, but better late than never! These lists of 18 books to read in 2018 has been going on especially on Booktube for a while now, so I decided to make one list too; hopefully to inspire me actually tackle all of these during the next ten months.
I only chose books from my physical TBR, because I own a lot of books I'm excited to read and I really want to prioritize these. So, here we go;
I need to read more of Gaiman's books and while I own several, I want to start with Good Omens! I've actually started White Road, but I really need to finish it so that I can continue with the Nightrunner series.
At the moment, The Ship of the Dead is only Riordan book I haven't read, which is why it's top of my TBR pile. I've also been meaning to read Nevernight for a long time, so I think 2018 would be the time to do so.
Recently, I've wanted to read more crime fiction; I loved Shetland TV show so I thought Blue Lightning would be interesting read. And honestly, it's time that I read something other than Harry Potters from J.K. Rowling, hence The Cuckoo's Calling.
A friend recommended The Book Thief for me some years ago, and I want to finally read it. Foxes Unearthed is my non-fiction of choice and I've already started it (now I want to finish it and read more about foxes and the history of foxes). And yeah, Harry Potter in Scots, it sounds so good!
I need to read more books by Benjamin Alire Saenz this year, and since Last Night I Sang To The Monster is only one I own besides Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (which I adore), it's on this list. I meant to read The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue last year, but I didn't have time, thus it's high on my TBR right now. I also want to watch the movie of Call Me By Your Name, which means I need to read the book first.
I need to read The Knife of Never Letting Go before the movie comes out, because I want to see it, and this is one of the few Patrick Ness books that I haven't already read. I own all of Adam Silvera's books but sadly I haven't read any of them. I guess I could have included any of them on this list, but I thought I'd start with History Is All Your Left Me and continue from there.
There's plenty of classics that I want to read, but these are what I want to start with. Three Theban Plays is included because I've already started it (years ago...) and I hope this will give me a push to finish it. The Iliad has always been something I want to read, ever since I became obsessed with Achilles, Patroclus and that era of Greek history. I also want to read more Jane Austen, and I thought Northanger Abbey would be a good place to start as it's a shorter than others. Fahrenheit 451 is about books and censorship, and I feel like it's relevant read so I want to finally get into it.
I can only say good things about the Book Thief and Fahrenheit 451! They are both amazing. Good Omens is on my TBR too. I've read several of Gaiman's books, but Good Omens wasn't among them. My boyfriend is nagging me to read Pratchett all the time, I assume it will be a good place to start.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to read all of these books this year. Enjoy them!
Ronnie @ Paradise Found