New Heightsby Quinn Anderson
Published by Riptide Publishing
eARC
LGBT, contemporary, romance
After attending a friend’s wedding in New York, James Thompson is eager to go home, even though no one will be waiting for him at the gate. He has no expectations for his trip back to Charleston other than long lines, security, and bad airplane food. But when an annoying—albeit hot—stranger cuts him in line, James is determined not to be a pushover for once.
For Mika “It’s Mee-kuh, not Micah” Bailey, today’s just another day of boring work travel. That is, until his flight gets delayed, and some irritating (but handsome) guy keeps hogging all the good power outlets. Which means war. In the middle of an airport. In New York. What could go wrong?
Eventually, they declare a truce, and as they get to know each other, their attraction overwhelms them both. Terrified of what he’s feeling, Mika suggests a no-strings hookup, but serial-monogamist James wants more. If they don’t fight for what’s right in front of them, their romance might be canceled before it ever takes off.
I must applaud Quinn Anderson for her skill to write a complete story with complex characters and an actual plot within one hundred and forty pages. New Heights might be shorter story, but it's fully fleshed and captivating.
James and Mika couldn't be more different from each other, as James is often anxious and prepares for everything to the point that he goes to the airport hours earlier than needed, while Mika don't have patience for any waiting and lines at the airport - no, Mika leaves all travelling to the last minute, even preferring to be late on his flight to be too early. It was interesting to see, what happened once James and Mika's paths crossed at the airport, where they had to wait for their delayed flight back to Charleston. I loved the chemistry between James and Mika, whether they got along or not. I was able to identify with James, especially with his anxious behaviour when it comes to travelling. In a side note, it was very refreshing to see a Finnish name - Mika - in this, and I'm very familiar with Mika's frustrations because people don't know how to pronounce his name.
New Heights was cute and captivating story, and while I'd loved to read more, it's perfect just the way it is. I definitely recommend to check it out!
James and Mika couldn't be more different from each other, as James is often anxious and prepares for everything to the point that he goes to the airport hours earlier than needed, while Mika don't have patience for any waiting and lines at the airport - no, Mika leaves all travelling to the last minute, even preferring to be late on his flight to be too early. It was interesting to see, what happened once James and Mika's paths crossed at the airport, where they had to wait for their delayed flight back to Charleston. I loved the chemistry between James and Mika, whether they got along or not. I was able to identify with James, especially with his anxious behaviour when it comes to travelling. In a side note, it was very refreshing to see a Finnish name - Mika - in this, and I'm very familiar with Mika's frustrations because people don't know how to pronounce his name.
New Heights was cute and captivating story, and while I'd loved to read more, it's perfect just the way it is. I definitely recommend to check it out!
4 of 5 stars
Add on Goodreads
Thank you, Riptide Publishing, for giving me a chance to read and review New Heights!
(A copy of this ebook was provided in return for an honest review.)
No comments:
Post a Comment