30 June 2016

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag

I did this last year so here we go again!

I'm currently four books behind on my Goodreads challenge (I intend to read 60 books this year) but I wish to catch up and get ahead before the summer is over and university starts once again.



1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2016

I have read some pretty amazing books but Winter by Marissa Meyer is the best. It was everything I could ever hope for a series finale, and I flew through it. I loved the characters, but most of all I loved everything that had something to do with Scarlet and Wolf.






2. Best Sequel You've Read so Far in 2016
I actually have four sequels to choose from. I have to go with Kings Rising by C.S. Pacat because it blew my mind. The character development, the plot, the twist, the feelings. It just nailed the series.
3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet but Want To
The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan. The only reason why I haven't dived into this yet, is because I need to finish the Heroes of Olympus series first (I have only the last book, The Blood of Olympus, to read).

4. Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half of the Year
It's a tie between The Fever Code by James Dashner and The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan.


5. Biggest Disappointment
The only disappointment this far has been This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. Overall it just lacked some and it didn't end up being anything really special.



6. Biggest Surprise

Must be The House of Hades by Rick Riordan. There's this revelation that has to do with my favourite character. It was something I always suspected but never dared to hope for. Now I'm just so mad that my ship will never sail - and I have shipped that one since the beginning if you know what I mean. It was surprise that just made me weep - for both joy and sadness.



7. Favorite New Author (Debut To You)
C.S. Pacat, definitely. I devoured the whole Captive Prince trilogy within one month. The writing style was so captivating (ahah) and I loved the characters - well, I loved Damen from the beginning and Laurent grew on me as I didn't like him at all during the first book.

8. Newest Fictional Crush
Damen from Captive Prince trilogy by C.S. Pacat. Damen was a true king, a hero, and just so damn strong character. He was so good even at the beginning and after the growth he lost the naivety and he was just so good. And can you tell me you don't find him extremely attractive when he throws a freaking big sword over a river to save Laurent?



9. Newest Favorite Character
Jazz from I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga, because Jazz was so hilarious, witty, sassy, and smart. I really need to read the other two installments because I need more Jazz in my life.

10. Book That Made You Cry
Half Lost by Sally Green. First I cried because of joy - my ship finally sailed, and it sailed so beautifully. However, the ending made me cry from utter despair and sadness. It still does. I will never forgive the few twists that happened during the last forty pages or so.


11. Book That Made You Happy
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This was a re-read for me so it made me so happy because I fell in love with the characters and the world all over once again.


12. Favorite Book To Film Adaptation
Sadly, I haven't read any books that have been adapted as a film this year so far.

13. Favorite Review You've Written This Year
Hmm... That must be my review of The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. It was my favourite book that I read last year, and months after finishing it I was finally able to write coherent review, which ended up being longer than my usual reviews because I had so much to say about it.

14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought This Year So Far
I can't decide between The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan and The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger. Both of them are gorgeous in their own way.


15. What Book(s) Do You Need To Read by The End of The Year
There's so many but I picked up a mix of different types and genres.

Vicious by V.E. Schwab
Fast Connection by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell
The Wolf In The Attic by Paul Kearney
Trailer Trash by Marie Sexton
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
The Last Wolf by Jim Crumley

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment