The Faust Act (The Wicked + The Divine, #1)by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, Matt Wilson, Clayton Cowles
Published by Image Comics
Paperback (borrowed from library)
Fantasy, graphic novel
Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead. It's happening now. It's happening again.
First of all, I don't read graphic novels or comics often, but this definitely got my attention. The blurb was so unique I just had to read it. The graphics were fantastic, I especially liked the vivid colours. The story itself was good, I was not disappointed. The concept was a bit more unique than the execution but it wasn't a failure of any kind - I guess I just had high expectations after the glorious blurb. However, the twist at the end, oh my, I'm so happy that my flatmate loaned the sequel for me right on because I couldn't have waited any longer to get more of the story.
The characters were amazing, although some more than others. Lucifer was my absolute favourite, but I really want to know more about Baphomet, Morrigan, and some other gods that were only mentioned. There was a few irritating characters like Cassandra but then again, it's good that the story has a variety of different types of people. And the diversity! The diversity was absolutely fantastic in this one, although there was a way more female characters than male ones but I hope that there will be more variety in that matter on the sequel.
I do recommend The Faust Act if the blurb sounds intriguing to you because the story is solid and the graphics are amazing,
4 of 5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment