1 August 2015

Wrapping the Month: July Edition

What's greater way to start new month than taking a look at previous one?

July was a busy month in many ways. I worked a lot (six days per week), continued to go to gym every other day, and besides all that, I found two wonderful flatmates, a nice flat for us and did many other things relating to my upcoming move to Scotland. I even have flight ticket booked, and I can't wait for the actual move and getting to Scotland (29 days, guys!). Because of all that, I read less and blogging suffered too, but it was expected as I had to took care of practical things.

I didn't get any books either. Mostly because I'm on a ban before the move - I need to save some money, I don't have a lot of space in my luggage to take all of my books, and besides when I get to Scotland I can finally shop at Waterstone's and order books from Amazon and Book Depository a lot cheaper, so yeah.

July's reviews:
Trust the Focus (5 stars)
Painless (2 stars)
Bomb (4 stars)

I flew through Trust the Focus (by Megan Erickson) and finished it on the July 1st, which is absolutely the best way to start a month. After that, however, my reading space slowed majorly because I had to dedicate my time for looking for a flat, getting to know my new flatmates and everything else that surrounds my upcoming move. I still managed to read two review copies, Pretty Dark Nothing (by Heather L. Reid) and Bomb (by Sarah Mussi). The Sleeper and the Spindle was something I finished during one day so I was happy about that. July was a good month quality wise as I gave all of the four books I read either five or four stars.

I don't think I'll have a lot of time to read in August because I've two weeks of work left and I'll need to start cleaning my room and packing for the upcoming move. There's a few books I'm currently reading so I'm hoping to finish those but probably I won't start a lot of new ones.

Hugs,
Henna

5 comments:

  1. Looks like your month was busy, but once you are done moving it will be fine.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, yeah it's going to be a huge relief once the moving is done. Although then the uni will take time as well as exploring Scotland, but I'll be so relieved when the stress from the move is over ^^

      Delete
  2. I'm absurdly happy that you're moving to my country (technically it's the UK...) and I love Scotland, particularly Edinburgh!!! :) I hope you love it there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm absurdly happy about it too! I'm already planning to attending next year's YALC (if there's one) and oh my I need to visit every bookstore in Edinburgh! I'll spend my first day in Edinburgh before heading to Perth so I'll get a glimpse of it but I'll absolutely explore it more once I've settled in Perth :) I'm sure I'll love it in Scotland, I'm just so excited to finally get there after all the planning ^^

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the move!! I just got through looking at pictures from a blogger friend who just got back from Scotland - so beautiful! Good luck!

    I'm hosting a month end wrap-up round-up so that we can all link up our end of month posts and see if there's anything we missed from each other's blogs in July. If you're interested, check it out and link this post up!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete