Top Ten Tuesday: My Auto-buy Authors (Whom I Give All My Love)
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
I don't have that many auto-buy authors, mostly because I mainly decide what to read paced on the blurb and synopsis of the book. But I do have a few trusted authors whose books I'll read no matter what,
Kelley York
I read Hushed back in 2012 and I fell in love. It was everything I ever hoped a LGBT story to be: gritty, dark, painful but it still gave hope and brilliant romance. Since then I've purchased every book York has published - and read them (okay, Modern Monsters and Hollowed are still sitting on top of my TBR pile, but I'll read them soon). She hasn't disappointed me either, as I've loved every one of her books. Also, York is a darling, she's so nice!
Sally Green
Not a surprise that she made to my list after Half Bad (and Half Wild). I'll surely follow her career as an author and buy everything she'll publish. I mean, if she can create something so brilliant as witch community I actually want to read and characters like Nathan and Gabriel and many others, it means she's genious. And I'm not going to miss any of her future books.
Veronica Rossi
Under the Never Sky is my favourite trilogy, has been since I read the first installment back in 2012. I love everything about UTNS, especially Rossi's characters, world-building and writing style. I do own Boomerang and Rebound but haven't read those yet - but I do plan doing it soon. I'm also anticipating her upcoming YA novel, Riders, like no other. It's about four horsemen, and it can't be anything else than pure awesomeness.
Becky Albertalli
I was sold as soon as I read first sentence of Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda. I fell in love and I fell hard. Albertalli is also such a sweetheart and I'll support her career and buy, read and love her books.
Jennifer Rush
Rush is special, okay? I've purchased her books (Altered, Erased and Reborn) in hardback, which I never do. But I can't wait for almost a year the paperback versions so I always gave in and buy hardbacks when it comes to her. I'm a slow reader, kinda, but I've devoured all of the above three books during a day. It's a testament of how good her stories are. Now I just have to wish that Reborn isn't the end for Altered saga.
J.K. Rowling
Is it any surprise that she's on my list? Probably not. I haven't read A Casual Vacancy yet, but I do own it. I'm also planning to buy Cuckoo's Calling - yes, it should have been an auto-buy but I was on a book buying ban (kinda) when it was published. But I'll read it, even though it's not a genre I usually read. That can be a testament how I'll read anything Rowling ever writes.
Janet Edwards
She needs to write more books, okay? I fell in love with Earth Girl, and even though sequels usually aren't as good as the first one (I have almost a love-hate relationship with series, only a few series I've enjoyed all of the installments, Edwards wrote two amazing sequels. The prequels are just waiting for me to read them as I've already purchased them.
Saruuh Kelsey
For one, she's my friend and I'll support my friends, and secondly, I love her stories and characters. Okay, I'm a bad person and haven't read The Wandering yet (in my defense, I just can't with the wait for the third book so I'll read The Wandering closer to third book's release date). And oh my goodness, The Dryad of Callaire has been released! I'm overly excited to have my copy right after the upcoming move.
James Dashner
I put him on my list because he's kinda auto-buy for me. I loved The Maze Runner like no other, and I confess that I own three copies of the first book. I've also pre-ordered a limited edition of The Scorch Trials and I really want the US movie edition to match my The Maze Runner. And I'm so buying a limited edition of The Death Cure if there'll be one next year. And movie edition, too. I just love the trilogy and I'm not even ashamed that I have multiple copies of it. I also have The Eye of Minds, and if I like it, I'm so buying it's sequels. The point is, if it's Maze Runner related, I'll buy it.
Who are your auto-buy authors?
JK Rowling should have also been on my list! I always forget one on my TTT posts!
ReplyDeleteGreat list, Henna. Becky Albertalli is one of my auto buys too though I couldn't include her on my list---like why are there are only 10 spaces. LOL! :-)
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-authors-i-auto-buy.html
gotta love JKR :) My TTT
ReplyDeleteGreat list. I just finished Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda a few days ago, and I loved it.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!