Betrayed (Altered Saga, 1,5)by Jennifer Rush
Published by Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Ebook (purchased)
YA, novella
After leaving Anna, Sam, Cas, and Nick behind, Trev is on his own and under the watchful eye of the Branch once more. But where do Trev's loyalties really lie? Riley, Trev's overseer, is determined to find out.
On Riley's command, Trev sets off on a mission to a small Wisconsin suburb. His order: locate and kill a seemingly innocent teen named Charlie. Trev soon learns, though, not everything is as it seems in this quiet town--most of all Charlie.
Find out what Trev's been up to behind the scenes in this Altered Saga original short story.
Betrayed is a short novella from Trev's point of view after the events of Altered. I fell in love with Trev during Altered, and even though he made some bad choices, I always rooted for him and I do hope he gets redemption - more than anyone else, he deserves it. Trev's wise, he has interesting train of thought, he's thoughtful but also full of action. The best thing about him is that he doesn't act without thinking every aspect first, and he's the type to observe others, signs and things. It makes him cautious, but that's also why he survives. Betrayed confirms this, and adds more to his character.
The only bad thing in Betrayed is it's shortness. But it's also a good thing as it's a quick read before diving in to next installment (for me, Reborn is next). It gives insight of Trev's thoughts, regrets and most of all, choices he makes and the things that motivates him. I love to read novellas like that, so for me Betrayed was a really good read. Rush knows how to write action but Betrayed has shown that she does great character studies, too. I'm a huge fan of Altered saga and this was perfect for me - therefore I highly recommend everyone who likes the saga to read Betrayed.
4 of 5 stars
No comments:
Post a Comment