10 August 2015

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag

I wasn't tagged by anyone but I really liked to do this one, so yeah. I haven't even done tags for a while, so here's one I had a lots of fun with!

1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2015
Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. With all its brilliant glory, there's no doubt about this choice.

2. Best Sequel You've Read so Far in 2015
Half Wild by Sally Green. My ship sailed, and I firmly believe it'll sail once again. (Now, if Annalise would just die painfully.. She crates my nerves.)

3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet but Want To
Hands down Modern Monsters by Kelley York. I'm planning to dive into this after the upcoming move.

4. Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half of the Year
The Rest of Us Just Lives Here by Patrick Ness. I'm so excited about this one, I mean, the synopsis and all. And one of the characters is called Henna, I've never seen my name in English books.

5. Biggest Disappointment
It's a tie between White Cat by Holly Black and The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough. The latter I expected so much but the romance was flat and boring, and White Cat has the most irritating female character ever and I can't ever see myself reading the rest of the series because of that character (even though I liked the main character, plot and writing style).

6. Biggest Surprise

Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan. I expected to like this but oh boy did it sweep me off my feet. It was more brilliant and glorious and everything. I didn't except it to be this perfect, so yeah, it wins the title of biggest surprise.

7. Favorite New Author (Debut To You)
Becky Albertalli receives the honour. Simon Vs was just so perfect. However, Megan Erickson needs to receive a honourable mention because I'll definitely read her other books now on.

8. Newest Fictional Crush
There's already a few during the first half of 2015, but newest of them must be Aaron from Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid. He's just so caring and adorable.

(Nick & Trev from Reborn should be mentioned but I didn't choose them because technically neither of them are new as I read Altered back in 2013.) 


9. Newest Favorite Character
Justin or Landry from Trust the Forcus by Megan Erickson. Possibly both of them. Preferably together.

10. Book That Made You Cry
Without Chance by Christopher Bailey. Oh boy did I weep. The twist just got me and I cried for so many reasons and people need to read this book because it's good and brilliant and important.

11. Book That Made You Happy
Earth Star by Janet Edwards because it was a sequel which I loved and everything made me so happy about it.


12. Favorite Book To Film Adaptation
The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, definitely. I saw the movie a few years ago but didn't read the book until now. I must say, I prefer the book but I love the movie nonetheless.

13. Favorite Review You've Written This Year
I don't know what to say. I don't really have a favourite. Although I think I did good with Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda review. (link here)

14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought This Year So Far
Half Wild by Sally Green, it's just so gorgeous.

15. What Book(s) Do You Need To Read by The End of The Year
Definitely Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, Vicious by V.E. Schwab and Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover. I already own all of them, now I just need to get the upcoming move out of the way so I can read all of them.



I tag:

No comments:

Post a Comment