Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
I decided I won't limit this to 2014 releases so not all these books have been published this year - they're just the best books I read during the year.
1. Made of Stars by Kelley York
It's no secret that Kelley York shattered my world with Hushed. Made of Stars was second book I read from her and I fell harder. Hushed is still my favourite but Hunter and Chance are close to my heart. There was no doubt after this: I'd read every book York would write, no matter what.
2. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Rossi is the queen of dystopia for me. Under the Never Sky is the most stunning dystopia I've ever read and the whole series is amazing. I was sad to see this one to end but the ending was perfect. Some may know how I've trouble finishing series because usually I'm disappointed how it all ended, but Into the Still Blue was perfect. I'll definitely re-read the whole series soon.
3. Half Bad by Sally Green
I'd give all the awards for Half Bad. For me, this was the debut of the year. I fell for the characters, plot and world building, and I can't wait for the sequel to come out on March 2015. I definitely recommend this one even if witches aren't your thing - hell, they aren't mine! Besides Harry Potter's I haven't liked any witch books but this one blew my mind.
4. Rush by Nyrae Dawn
I was sold. I mean, I cried so hard while reading this and most of the time, those were happy tears. This one has important theme as it's a story about coming to terms with your sexuality and eventually coming out even if it's hard. I was quite speechless after reading this one and I do highly recommend it to everyone. Such a great story about Alec and Brandon.
5. Proxy by Alex London
Hell yeah this was the dystopia I have been waiting for: dystopia with diverse characters. Also the world building, plot and characters itself were so stunning and great, and this one truly blew me away. I highly recommend this one to everyone, but maybe not the sequel since I'm still trying to read it even though it's hard. Mainly because while Proxy was such perfect, the Guardian isn't.
6. Suicide Watch by Kelley York
I loved the story and the characters. Most of all, the book left me happy and warm while York's other books teared me apart. Another York masterpiece and there was no chance I would left it out of my list.
7. The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
It took me a little while to warm up for this one but eventually I was left with all the feelings. Definitely good and definitely need the sequel. Morgan has a way with words and the historical aspect was so great. Also, gargoyles.
8. Kaiken Se Kestää by Uma Karma
Yeah, it's Finnish literature. A story about two boys and their relationship, how it and they changed during the years. Quite awesome and all I want to do is hug the book forever. I don't have many words for this one, though my review is coming sometime soon.
9. The Mean Girl Apologies by Stephanie Monahan
Probably one of the best New Adult contemporary romance featuring boy and girl I've read. I loved how different this was from other books on the same genre - heck, how different the main character was from all those YA and NA heroines. It was fresh to read from the Mean Girl's point of view and the journey was so great. I'll definitely re-read this one.
10. Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner
Unique. That's the one word for this one. Mermaids, badassery, and all that jazz. It was amazing even if the beginning was a little dull. Definitely worth a read and I'm so glad I read this one. Waiting for the sequel to come out, I need it.
+ Two Bonus Books
Obscura Burning by Suzanne van Rooyen: designed to left reader feeling all the feels.







I can't wait to read Half Bad, it's been on my list for a while. I am so glad you liked it. My favourite was Daughter of Smoke and Bone :)
ReplyDelete